The Student Room Group

⋆⭒˚。⋆Gap Year Chronicles ⋆⭒˚。⋆

Welcome to my blog

The main goal for this blog:

I just finished Year 13 and plan to apply for medicine again for 2024 entry after applying last year. The plan is to use this blog to stay focused on my reapplication and to stop me from procrastinating.

About me
I love:
Reading books, webtoons and web novels
Crocheting
✿Watching K-dramas (Reply 1988, Moving, Mr. Queen, Tomorrow and Mr. Sunshine are some of my favs)

Unis I applied to:

Spoiler

Previous grades+UCAT

Spoiler

Achieved grades

Spoiler

Goals
Get a higher score on the UCAT(above 2800)
UCAS application
Get a job
Pass driving test
Get into med school

Key updates
I shall link key updates here
UCAT results
UCAS application
(edited 3 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
OOO~ I love reading webtoons and watching kdramas too !!! I'll be cheering you on! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GOALS :h:
Reply 2
Original post by enhaluvr
OOO~ I love reading webtoons and watching kdramas too !!! I'll be cheering you on! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GOALS :h:

Thank you (੭˃ᴗ˂)੭. Any webtoons you'll recommend?? Some of my favourites are Spirit Fingers, The Greatest Estate Developer, A Whirlwind Campus Affair, Seasons of Blossom and Tomorrow.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by hameedah:)
+++++++++++++(Original post by hameedah:smile:)Thank you (੭˃ᴗ˂)੭. Any webtoons you'll recommend?? Some of my favourites are Spirit Fingers, The Greatest Estate Developer, Get Schooled, A Whirlwind Campus Affair and Tomorrow.

Omg, thank you for the recs~ :h::h::h: !!! I'll add them to my subscribed list!
Also, wowow? I didn't know Tomorrow was a webtoon?! I sat there sobbing every time I watched an ep of the kdrama; So excited to read it now !! AHH thanks again :heart: !:dancing:
I recommend Act Like You Love Me!, Study Group, Maybe Meant To Be, Omniscient Reader, A Good Day To Be A Dog, I'm the Queen in This Life and Villain with a Crush~
Welcome to my blog

The main goal for this blog:

I just finished Year 13 and plan to apply for medicine again for 2024 entry after applying last year. The plan is to use this blog to stay focused on my reapplication and to stop me from procrastinating.

About me
I love:
Reading books, webtoons and web novels
Crocheting
✿Watching K-dramas (Reply 1988 and Mr. Sunshine are some of my favs)

Unis I applied to:

Spoiler

Previous grades+UCAT

Spoiler

Achieved grades

Spoiler

Goals
Get a higher score on the UCAT(above 2800)
Get a job
Pass driving test
UCAS application

Key updates
I shall link key updates here

I’m applying again too but was really shocked on results day as I got BBB, so I’m gonna have to apply to foundation year med but it’s only one year. Anyway I’m looking forward to a gap year, time to chill and hustle
Reply 5
Omg, thank you for the recs~ :h::h::h: !!! I'll add them to my subscribed list!
Also, wowow? I didn't know Tomorrow was a webtoon?! I sat there sobbing every time I watched an ep of the kdrama; So excited to read it now !! AHH thanks again :heart: !:dancing:
I recommend Act Like You Love Me!, Study Group, Maybe Meant To Be, Omniscient Reader, A Good Day To Be A Dog, I'm the Queen in This Life and Villain with a Crush~

The K-drama was cast really well!!! I was sobbing as well !!
Thank you for the recs ( ˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و ♡!!
I've started reading Villain with a Crush and the misunderstandings are sooooo funny.
Reply 6
Original post by B7861
I’m applying again too but was really shocked on results day as I got BBB, so I’m gonna have to apply to foundation year med but it’s only one year. Anyway I’m looking forward to a gap year, time to chill and hustle

They did us sooooo dirty with the grade boundaries 😒. Good luck with your application (๑'ᵕ'๑)⸝*.
They did us sooooo dirty with the grade boundaries 😒. Good luck with your application (๑'ᵕ'๑)⸝*.

Yh I know! But thanks, good luck to you too!
Hey! I’m in a similar sort of position to you but achieved a B in A level biology and am debating retaking it for medical school. Would you be willing to give me your insta so I can ask you questions about it? Xx
Original post by Lornaserena
Hey! I’m in a similar sort of position to you but achieved a B in A level biology and am debating retaking it for medical school. Would you be willing to give me your insta so I can ask you questions about it? Xx

You can ask here?
Reply 10
Original post by Lornaserena

Some medical schools accept resits when you get a B at the first sitting while some do only under extenuating circumstances. Here is a link you might find helpful xx.
https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/medical-school-a-level-resit-policies/
Reply 11
D-32 till UCAT
Goal: Focus practice on the AR and the QR section!!

To-do
2 QR mini mocks
DM practice q's (untimed)

Anytime I see a Set A or Set B question
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 12

anytime i see a set a or set b question

so true. So true. Good luck!!!!
Reply 13
so true. So true. Good luck!!!!

Thanks!!( ˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و
Reply 14
D-31 till UCAT
To-do
Complete job applications
SJT mini mocks x2
Full mock

Sometimes I just want to
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 15
D-30 till UCAT
To-do
VR mini mocks x2
DM mini mocks x2
Me rn:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 16
D-29 till UCAT
To-do
I'm taking a break today to salvage what little remains of my mental health, so I shall review the mocks I did and do some untimed practice q's
(edited 7 months ago)
D-29 till UCAT
To-do
I'm taking a break today to salvage what little remains of my mental health, so I shall review the mocks I did and do some untimed practice q's

Wait I think we got UCAT on the same day! ive got 29 days left too. is yours on the 29th? im about to do a mock lol, was thinking of taking a break but this is my last chance lol
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 18
Original post by B7861
Wait I think we got UCAT on the same day! ive got 29 days left too. is yours on the 29th? im about to do a mock lol, was thinking of taking a break but this is my last chance lol

Nope its on the 28th
Original post by hat25
Nope its on the 28th

yh sorry I meant 28th, mines on the 28th too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending