The Student Room Group

How to ace GCSEs

Especially sciences and English. I would absolutely love to study medicine at uni and the first steps are GCSEs. I am predicted four grade 9s, 6 grade 8s, and one grade 7, so i have some really challenging grades. luckily we are the second year so at least i have a rough idea for grade boundaries next year.

does anyone have any really good tips on how to do really well at GCSE? I want to do bio, chem, maths, and further maths at A level. As usual, our science teachers are $h!t especially bio.
Any tips and revision methods are welcome, also if anyone has basically taught themselves a GCSE (especially science).
What I would say is keep on top of notes. You don't have to create that many, can just stick to flashcards etc. If you have after school study sessions then attend those. When you get closer to your actual exams start doing past papers as a lot of question styles are repeated. Also make sure you go over any lesson that you didn't understand don't leave it till the holidays. at year 11 stick to a revision time table, that's where it really counts. Other then that GCSEs are not that hard. I'll answer any other questions you have.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest