The Student Room Group

Smoke me a Kipper - the blog

I've travelled to this universe to crush academics, thus proving that anyone can become the next Ace Rimmer.

My goals? All 9s in my GCSEs and a solid grounding in maths for A Level. I know, trivial. If you couldn't tell from the sarcasm that exuded from my deep voice - that was a joke.

Smoke me a kipper (or stoke me a clipper), I'll be back for breakfast (Christmas).
Moved to Grow your Grades
Good luck with your studies!
Small update - I've started making my way through the AoPS pre-algebra books, and I'm glad I started at the beginner level - despite being predicted a grade 9 in maths at GCSE I'm coming across new concepts to do with addition and subtraction - it's amazing!
Reply 3
posting to subscribe. i do like smoking. what is this rimming?
Original post by Genesiss

My highlight reel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXYfnWRp1Q0
Reply 5

LMFAO this is brilliant!! thank you for sharing.
LMFAO this is brilliant!! thank you for sharing.

Just a day in the life of Arnold 'Ace' Rimmer.
Original post by Arnold Rimmer
I've travelled to this universe to crush academics, thus proving that anyone can become the next Ace Rimmer.

My goals? All 9s in my GCSEs and a solid grounding in maths for A Level. I know, trivial. If you couldn't tell from the sarcasm that exuded from my deep voice - that was a joke.

Smoke me a kipper (or stoke me a clipper), I'll be back for breakfast (Christmas).

Funny enough, I watched those very episodes of Red Dwarf on Wednesday. The cosmic force is strong with you my son.

Question is, were you held back a year at school? IF so, you'll go on and become your next destiny and save the Universe multiple times over; if not, you're doomed to become a bitter loser, who doesn't get invited to random fishing trips.

I do believe he was called Rimmer because he was a serious a** licker
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Funny enough, I watched those very episodes of Red Dwarf on Wednesday. The cosmic force is strong with you my son.

Question is, were you held back a year at school? IF so, you'll go on and become your next destiny and save the Universe multiple times over; if not, you're doomed to become a bitter loser, who doesn't get invited to random fishing trips.

I do believe he was called Rimmer because he was a serious a** licker

Alas, I was not held back a year at school - I was trained by a different Ace Rimmer who was mortally wounded.
Alas, I was not held back a year at school - I was trained by a different Ace Rimmer who was mortally wounded.

... and you've jumped to this dimension to get some top maths skills. Been a while since I did any algebra, stats or calculus... but if I can help you on your quest, I will do.

Spoiler

Original post by Old Skool Freak
... and you've jumped to this dimension to get some top maths skills. Been a while since I did any algebra, stats or calculus... but if I can help you on your quest, I will do.

Spoiler

Great Scott - a graphs master! I'm afraid my graph skills pale in comparison to my algebra...
Reply 11
i do not know the intricacies of that show but the humour got me right in the jugular. well done

also i don't know anything about maths, but i know rhythm if that counts
Reply 12
and back to the future is my favourite!!
i do not know the intricacies of that show but the humour got me right in the jugular. well done

It's basically a spoof of Star Treck... it's a bit of an oxymoron as it manages to be very clever and completely stupid at the same time. It also stars Craig Charles if you like him, and if you've heard of the 80's pop group Altered Images (they sang a song called "Happy Birthday") it stars the lead singer as his love interest (Apparently Craig used to fancy her as child / teen... and then gets to star opposite her, how surreal is that?)

also i don't know anything about maths, but i know rhythm if that counts

Stop that this instant! :judge:

This is supposed to be a maths lesson, not a dance class :smartass:

Spoiler

(edited 6 months ago)
Ok I've finished learning arithmetic (I know, I'm a genius).
Ok I've finished learning arithmetic (I know, I'm a genius).

What a guy! :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending