The Student Room Group

GCSE

Hey guyss i did my GCSE speaking italian exam today and i thought i was gonna get a like 8 but at the end the examiner or teacher that came was very surprised and when i asked her what i got she said grade 9 definitely i wanna know my marks will i be able to see them on my results day on the sheet or not? and will the speaing exam has a separate certificate or is it all in one grade?
Reply 1
Original post by enthjmk5e664
Hey guyss i did my GCSE speaking italian exam today and i thought i was gonna get a like 8 but at the end the examiner or teacher that came was very surprised and when i asked her what i got she said grade 9 definitely i wanna know my marks will i be able to see them on my results day on the sheet or not? and will the speaing exam has a separate certificate or is it all in one grade?

No, from what I'm aware. I did my Spanish GCSE last year and I had to wait for the grades when the results came out and they came out as one big grade rather than a grade per section like speaking, spelling, writing and listening. You do however on the certificate which you'll get sometime after or on the day of results get to see your marks for each section. But to answer if you'll get them same day you did the test, that's a no. I'm sure you'll get better than what I got, so don't worry about it. Worry (although not too much) about the other exams. They'll soon be over and done and your have your results in no time!
Original post by enthjmk5e664

Hi, slightly irrelevant, but I'm glad I finally found someone who does gcse italian! I picked it for year 10 this year and if possible, could you give me some resources that could potentially help, as I can never find good resources for italian?
Also, slightly specific to your question, usually, from my knowledge and research, you grade should come as an averaged calculated amount of all 4 of your exams. But don't think too much about it, if you can ace the speaking, you can definitely ace the other italian exams!
Good luck for the rest of your gcses!
Reply 3
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Hi, slightly irrelevant, but I'm glad I finally found someone who does gcse italian! I picked it for year 10 this year and if possible, could you give me some resources that could potentially help, as I can never find good resources for italian?
Also, slightly specific to your question, usually, from my knowledge and research, you grade should come as an averaged calculated amount of all 4 of your exams. But don't think too much about it, if you can ace the speaking, you can definitely ace the other italian exams!
Good luck for the rest of your gcses!

Heyy are u in Year 11?
btw for the resources u should be getting some stuff from ur school if not check out these websites that might help you a lot...
Thanks
And good luckkk

EDEXEL:https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/italian-2017.coursematerials.html#%2FfilterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:Category%2FExam-materials

AQA:https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/gcse/italian-8633

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/ultimate-gcse-italian-resources-12470953

Hi!
No, I'm in year 9 and we have started a bit of gcse italian, I'm doing relatively ok, but I've heard that when you get to hard-core gcse level it gets tougher than year 9 - and also my only resource I use now is duolingo and my very scarce notes from my exercise book..quite sad..but yeah..
Anyways, thanks so much for the resources and I hope you get the grades you want!

Quick Reply

Latest