The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Doesn't Imperial have an arts club or something though? I remembered seeing it in the list...unless it's inactive.:p:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Arts club is for getting cheaply into theatres and stuff, there are no academic arts subjects at Imperial!
Reply 22
Many courses allow you to do one humanity a year, e.g. creative writing, or a language. There are some art societies, depending on what you think art is, like music societies, the political ones.

A graduate (30-ish) of MIT said Imperial felt a lot like MIT. I like the atmosphere anyway. I expect I'd like UCL's atmosphere, but most of the times I've been there I've met mostly scientists!
Reply 23
I was thinking of arts as involving drawing...but I guess if there's no club for it, I could always work on it on my own. Still, it'd be nice to have one.:p:
Another coward neg repped me. Please state your id on any neg rep and i will happily accept any comments. I shall not be offended unlike some :smile:
Reply 25
silent ninja
Another coward neg repped me. Please state your id on any neg rep and i will happily accept any comments. I shall not be offended unlike some :smile:

Maybe it's because you said UCL was better than Imperial in a thread on the Imperial forum without giving a good reason -- some people take that badly. "It seemed dull" -- well, Cambridge seemed dull to me when I saw it: there were hardly any students around the College, the buildings felt cold, the student who was showing me round wouldn't talk to me, the office I had an interview in had furniture from the seventies which was broken, the atmosphere didn't seem to be there (and there were a few other things). Imperial was much, much nicer in comparison -- lots of happy students around, decent buildings (on the inside anyway!). I didn't look at UCL so I can't compare them fairly on "feel" except to say that I know about 15 UCL people and most would fit in at Imperial, and the reverse.
if you like or play any music, then come to imperial. coz ucl has no music facility whatsoever
euanovsky
if you like or play any music, then come to imperial. coz ucl has no music facility whatsoever

oooh can you tell me a bit more about the music facilities at Imperial? What about orchestras and bands etc? I play four instruments and it'd be great if I could continue playing at Imperial. :biggrin:
xaxa
Maybe it's because you said UCL was better than Imperial in a thread on the Imperial forum without giving a good reason -- some people take that badly. "It seemed dull"

Well, the op had already listed several factors that they had weighed up and said they weren't bothered about any of those. I said I liked UCL better not UCL IS better. I didnt give a reason because I have posted reasons before-- suppose I should have again. Bit of a boring atmosphere, several students were incredibly ignorant and unhelpful (i'm sure this can happen anywhere but still didnt give the best impression hence it was unfriendly), SU was a bit crap etc It didn't feel like a very relaxed place.

I dont see why someone was offended; they could have just come and told us all the wonderful things about Imperial instead. Certainly that would be better? Neg rep doesn't bother me it's the fact they didnt sign their name or give a reason.

Anyhow, I hope you have a great time at Imperial if you go there-- it is a great uni, just that I would not go there.
Reply 29
I hate blank neg reps.
silent ninja
Well, the op had already listed several factors that they had weighed up and said they weren't bothered about any of those. I said I liked UCL better not UCL IS better. I didnt give a reason because I have posted reasons before-- suppose I should have again. Bit of a boring atmosphere, several students were incredibly ignorant and unhelpful (i'm sure this can happen anywhere but still didnt give the best impression hence it was unfriendly), SU was a bit crap etc It didn't feel like a very relaxed place.

I dont see why someone was offended; they could have just come and told us all the wonderful things about Imperial instead. Certainly that would be better? Neg rep doesn't bother me it's the fact they didnt sign their name or give a reason.

Anyhow, I hope you have a great time at Imperial if you go there-- it is a great uni, just that I would not go there.

Well I thought UCL sucked bushes and I liked Imperial very much.
Reply 31
I liked both, I just liked Imperial a lot more. UCL was to be my insurance, in fact, were the accommodation issue not so prohibiting.

Latest

Trending

Trending