The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial or UCL for Medicine

Hi everyone,
I am really stuck between Imperial and UCL for medicine. I know that they are on par academically for this course, but Imperial has an amazing research facility (which is good when I intercalate) and UCL apparently has a better work-life balance.
If anyone has experience in either of these unis, advice would be greatly appreciated <3
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by ishalmxx
Hi everyone,
I am really stuck between Imperial and UCL for medicine. I know that they are on par academically for this course, but Imperial has an amazing research facility (which is good when I intercalate) and UCL apparently has a better work-life balance.
If anyone has experience in either of these unis, advice would be greatly appreciated <3

Read the OP of this thread and then respond in the thread if you have further questions:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7312527
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Choose UCL. Imperial is known for being extremely toxic and as very poor student support, UCL is much better and also has a more varied demographic of students, tonnes better.
I'd say in terms of prestige, Imperial.
In terms of student life, UCL.
They're both top unis for Medicine, and will open endless doors for you.
So it depends on what you prioritise.
Original post by confuzzledteen
I'd say in terms of prestige, Imperial.

But prestige is completely irrelevant for Medicine, because you learn the same thing and there are no better Med schools than others.
Reply 5
Original post by ishalmxx
Hi everyone,

At the end of the day, it is a medicine, so regardless, they are no biases in the medical profession
Original post by 04MR17
But prestige is completely irrelevant for Medicine, because you learn the same thing and there are no better Med schools than others.

music to our ears 🎼
opportunities to research throughout degree and beyond throughout the UK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending