The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm unsure if they expect or not... you wouldn't "lose" points, just fail to gain. Unsure of how
many though, check with your coordinator and the vade mecum or the subject guide.

Brandon

"wonkodsane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> hey, quick question.. does IB expect all answers to proper significant digits on the physics exam?[/q1]
[q1]> And if you don't round off, how many points do you stand to lose?[/q1]
Reply 2
in article [email protected], Brandon Kraft at
[email protected] wrote on 4/5/02 5:55 AM:

[q1]> I'm unsure if they expect or not... you wouldn't "lose" points, just fail to gain. Unsure of how[/q1]
[q1]> many though, check with your coordinator and the vade mecum or the subject guide.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Brandon[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> "wonkodsane" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
[q1]> news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]>> hey, quick question.. does IB expect all answers to proper significant digits on the physics[/q2]
[q2]>> exam? And if you don't round off, how many points do you stand to lose?[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
You lose one point per exam, no matter how many mistakes you make. Must round off where told to...
Reply 3
All calculations are to be done the appropriate amont of significant digits (ie. the least amount in
the Question) with + or - 1 digit being acceptable. All FINAL answers not done in this fashion will
lose you one mark.
Reply 4
What do you say about math? My teacher told us 3 SF all the time, unless otherwise stated. In going
over last year's exam, there was a money conversion table that used 3 decimal places, and when some
of us figured the answers to 3 decimal places instead of 3 sf, the teacher said IB would've taken a
point off for not using 3 sf.
Reply 5
Math is 3 SF ALWAYS unless otherwise stated. I am guessing any half decent marker wouldn't care that
much but better safe than sorry. Also, work in exact for as much as you can.

PeaceLveVB wrote:

[q1]> What do you say about math? My teacher told us 3 SF all the time, unless otherwise stated. In[/q1]
[q1]> going over last year's exam, there was a money conversion table that used 3 decimal places, and[/q1]
[q1]> when some of us figured the answers to 3 decimal places instead of 3 sf, the teacher said IB[/q1]
[q1]> would've taken a point off for not using 3 sf.[/q1]

Latest

Trending

Trending