The Student Room Group

Digital Marketing

Which universities in UK are good for MSc in Digital Marketing with high employability rate? Especially from the Russell group?
Hi @souptea. :smile:

At Cranfield university, MSc in Strategic marketing is closest to Digital Marketing MSc. One of the modules covers Digital marketing: https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/som/masters-courses/strategic-marketing

It is a top-ranked marketing MSc. It is ranked 5th in the UK and 15th in the world by QS World University Rankings: Masters In Marketing 2022. You will develop practical skills through your participation in a marketing consultancy project provided by an external business client, and through international marketing case studies.

Career:
You will develop practical skills through your participation in a marketing consultancy project provided by an external business client, and through international marketing case studies. You will receive support and guidance to help you plan an effective strategy for your personal and professional development.

Cranfield Strategic Marketing MSc graduates have secured jobs with a diverse range of companies including Vodafone, TJX, Kerry, Christian Dior, Henkel, GE, Schlumberger, Ernst & Young, Estée Lauder, Coca-Cola, Mars, Beiersdorf, KMPG Nunwood and Microsoft. Their roles have included Customer Insight Consultant, Junior Manager, Buying and Merchandising Graduate Programme trainee, Marketing Manager and Associate Consultant.

Employability:
Cranfield course modules provide learners with the majority of the core transferable employability skills recommended for progression to a successful career. To provide a consistent approach across our schools and to communicate the importance of these skills more effectively, we have developed the Cranfield Competency Framework. This allows our learners to identify and reflect on those that they have acquired, or those that need further development.

Hope this helps :smile:

Lucie,
PhD student
Student ambassador
Cranfield University
Reply 2
Hi Lucie.
Thanks for your reply. I have done my bachelors in Fashion Design . So would I be eligible for this course?
Hi @souptea.

According to information online:
Usually candidates must hold either a:

1. First or a 2.1 UK honours degree in a relevant discipline, or
2. an international qualification of a standard equivalent to a First or 2.1 UK honours degree

Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have a professional qualification (e.g. CIM) together with five years' post-qualification relevant work experience. Other relevant qualifications, together with significant experience, may be considered.

But to be honest, it is better to call admissions and ask them personally. They might consider students with different backgrounds.

Here is their number: T: +44 (0)1234 758081.

Good luck and please could you let us know what they said? :smile:

Thank you

Lucie,
PhD student
Student ambassador
Cranfield university
Reply 4
Sure. Thanks for the help . :smile:
Original post by souptea
Which universities in UK are good for MSc in Digital Marketing with high employability rate? Especially from the Russell group?

Hello 😊

I've just submitted my dissertation as part of my Digital Marketing and Channel Management MSc at the University of Surrey.

From a personal perspective, as an international student, there was a lot of research in making my choice to come to Surrey. For me, the most important factor was the campus, which is extremely peaceful and well-located as it's less than an hour away from London by Train. Higher education can be extremely stressful so being on a beautiful and peaceful campus helped a lot with not feeling overwhelmed. The quality of the modules and teaching is also outstanding, and most importantly, recent and fresh with a lot of newer and innovative strategies. I loved that most of the assignments were practical with case studies, rather than just exams where you had to memorise theories.

The University of Surrey is ranked 21st on The Guardian University Guide 2024, The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024. Regarding the Employability Rate, we are ranked 12th overall in the UK and 3rd in the South.

Here's the link for the course if you are interested: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/postgraduat...-marketing-msc 😊

Hope this helps and feel free to message me again if you have any more questions,
Jénifer
MSc Digital Marketing and Channel Management
Reply 6
Yes, Surrey is on my list. Thanks.
Also, what about job opportunities? Have you landed any?
Hello 😊

A master's degree opens a lot of doors in terms of job opportunities, as you will be ahead of someone with just an undergrad. Personally, I haven't landed any jobs but since I'm an international student with a visa, the situation is a bit different. However, a few of my course friends have landed full-time jobs in digital marketing over the summer, which is extremely fast.

Hope this helps,
Jénifer
MSc Digital Marketing and Channel Management

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending