The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

How strict are academic requirements at UCL for postgraduate entry?

I am trying to apply for UCL's Digital Manufacturing of Advanced Materials MSc program (https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/graduate/taught-degrees/digital-manufacturing-advanced-materials-msc), where their webpage describes the following academic requirements:
"The programme will consider prospective students from Chemical Engineering but also Biochemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry and Physics, Environmental Science and Engineering, and their allied fields."

So I hold a BSc degree in Biomedical Sciences with First Class Honours comprised of significant biochemistry and pharmacology content. However, the degree name not explicitly stated in the requirements, and I'm not 100% sure if its an allied field.

I've reached out to UCL Admissions to confirm my eligibility and are waiting for their reply, but in your experience or understanding, how lenient are discipline prerequisites for graduate degrees at UCL assuming first class honours?
Depends entirely on the degree content rather than award name. Did you send them your transcript?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending