What are you going to study? :smile:

Thank you so much!
I’ll be studying Psychology of Mental Health. ☺️
What about you?
Original post by Maitri3396
Thank you so much!
I’ll be studying Psychology of Mental Health. ☺️
What about you?

I'm just a mere first-year undergraduate Informatics student at Edinburgh :tongue:
Just received my conditional offer!! So excited 😭

Congrats! When did you apply?
Original post by Blue_Cow
I'm just a mere first-year undergraduate Informatics student at Edinburgh :tongue:

Oh hahaha, that’s nice! Can’t wait to start there! :’D
Original post by akademix
Congrats! When did you apply?

Thank you! I applied on the 28th of Jan and my reference was sent on the 30th. :smile:
Got an email this morning from Edinburgh requesting more documents to be uploaded. Apparently they didn't see the other transcript attached to the other. I have lost almost all confidence that I will get in, but the important thing, they are finally processing.
Got an email this morning from Edinburgh requesting more documents to be uploaded. Apparently they didn't see the other transcript attached to the other. I have lost almost all confidence that I will get in, but the important thing, they are finally processing.

Don't lose hope!

It's probably a good sign that they've asked for more documents :smile:
Original post by Blue_Cow
Don't lose hope!

It's probably a good sign that they've asked for more documents :smile:

Thank you! I appreciate the encouragement!
I applied for the MSc in Outdoor, Environmental and Sustainability Education on the 2nd January. Was told at the open day they process applications within 10 days but my application status was still new (aka they hadn’t looked at it yet?) by the end of January so I emailed them and they said they’d had loads of applications hence the delay but mine had been processed and they’d make a decision within 4-6 weeks. Hopefully they actually stick to the timeframe this time!
Has anybody thought about accommodation? It all looks so expensive and I’m not sure I could put up with halls again!
Original post by sophiehelen7
I applied for the MSc in Outdoor, Environmental and Sustainability Education on the 2nd January. Was told at the open day they process applications within 10 days but my application status was still new (aka they hadn’t looked at it yet?) by the end of January so I emailed them and they said they’d had loads of applications hence the delay but mine had been processed and they’d make a decision within 4-6 weeks. Hopefully they actually stick to the timeframe this time!
Has anybody thought about accommodation? It all looks so expensive and I’m not sure I could put up with halls again!

Hey! Hope you here from the university soon. :biggrin:
I was actually looking up accommodation as well but I’m so confused. Especially because this would be my first time living alone! Have you heard any reviews?
Hey! Hope you here from the university soon. :biggrin:
I was actually looking up accommodation as well but I’m so confused. Especially because this would be my first time living alone! Have you heard any reviews?

I’ve heard that Leith is the cheapest place to live if you don’t mind commuting in to uni on the bus or cycling. Other than that I don’t really know much about it. A couple of my friends are considering moving to Edinburgh so I might wait a little while to see if we could live together but I don’t want to put it off too long as apparently flats go very quickly! (Obviously I need to actually get on the course first before I can really start looking!)
Reply 52
I just recieved an unconditional offer from two departments at Edinburgh. Pretty stoked about that!
Reply 53
Thank you! I appreciate the encouragement!

Yah do not let it bother you. They asked me to re-upload a few things as well and then actually denied one of my reference letters so I had to go get a new one submitted. Took ages.

I still got in though.
Original post by Jubial
Yah do not let it bother you. They asked me to re-upload a few things as well and then actually denied one of my reference letters so I had to go get a new one submitted. Took ages.

I still got in though.

Congrats on getting in!!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Jubial
I just recieved an unconditional offer from two departments at Edinburgh. Pretty stoked about that!

What departments? Are you planning to accept? I’m living vicariously through you right now.
Reply 56
What departments? Are you planning to accept? I’m living vicariously through you right now.

Haha. Chinese and Psychology Conversion. I went back and applied for Psychology everywhere after deciding against a Chinese masters. Forgot to withdraw that one.

I am unsure. We are trying to see if my husband's London job will let him work in the Edinburgh office so I can go to school there. If not...might have to choose one of the schools closer to London depending on our finances. :frown: I really want to accept though sigh.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Jubial
Haha. Chinese and Psychology Conversion. I went back and applied for Psychology everywhere after deciding against a Chinese masters. Forgot to withdraw that one.

I am unsure. We are trying to see if my husband's London job will let him work in the Edinburgh office so I can go to school there. If not...might have to choose one of the schools closer to London depending on our finances. :frown: I really want to accept though sigh.

Well either way it goes, you know you got in! I hope that you find great success wherever you land.
Reply 58
Well either way it goes, you know you got in! I hope that you find great success wherever you land.

Thanks! And good luck to you!
Hey there, does anyone know how long they take on average to send an offer? I applied for the MSc Literature & Modernity on Jan 25th (quite late, I know), my reference was uploaded the next day, but when I go to look it still says 'new'. I am an EU applicant so maybe that has something to do with this. Are they taking longer than usual here or is that just the way it is?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending