The Student Room Group

Double award igcse biology questions

Hello I'm currently doing an assignment for biology and I'm stuck. It's extremely hard but it needs to get done. Here's the questions:
An investigation was carried out to find the effect of temperature on the activity of the enzyme trypsin.
A)give a suitable hypothesis for this investigation
B)use your hypothesis to generate a prediction which could be tested
C)what was the students dependent and independent variable
D)explain the reason for the result at 65 degree Celsius
E)suggest three important factors which would need to be controlled to make this investigation valid, and in each case explain why
F)suggest a few safety precautions the student should take and explain why
G)what could the student have done to make her answer for the optimum temperature more reliable and precise
sorry if this is a lot, I'm really bad at respiration. I would appreciate the help
(edited 6 years ago)
I feel like there's something missing from the information you've provided. Do you need to design an experiment for this or were you given details about an experiment that was performed, along with the results from the experiment?

ps, this would be enzyme action and not respiration.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Yeah I have to give information for the experiment. There is one result table given which shows temperature and time taken for digestion of protein in minutes. I can attach a picture of the table
Reply 3
I can't attach a photo of the actual table but here's the results:
Temperature
(A)5
(B)15
(C)25
(D)35
(E)45
(F)55
(G)65
Time taken
(A)48
(B)24
(C)12
(D)6
(E)3
(F)6
(G)no effect
I don't really want to just give you the answers because then you're not learning or answering for yourself. If you watch this video does it help you to find the answers to the questions https://youtu.be/A8Ts4V_osvo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending