The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

The Keele Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi !
I've applied for all en-suite options. I've read that I should apply as soon as the application portal is open but unfortunately, I didn't know it existed at all!
I wasn't informed either by email or even after an enquiry. Taking into account this info and the fact that I firmed for Medicine(unconditional) 1.5 months ago, will the chances that I get my desired room be low ?
Does applying earlier increase your chances of getting your desired room type ?
I've heard that en-suite rooms are often oversubscribed but what are the actual chances that I won't get one of my choices ?
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by DogeTheDoggo
Hi !
I've applied for all en-suite options. I've read that I should apply as soon as the application portal is open but unfortunately, I didn't know it existed at all!
I wasn't informed either by email or even after an enquiry. Taking into account this info and the fact that I firmed for Medicine(unconditional) 1.5 months ago, will the chances that I get my desired room be low ?
I've heard that en-suite rooms are often oversubscribed but what are the actual chances that I won't get one of my choices ?

Could you please take a look at this @Keele Student Ambassador1 and @04MR17 ?
Hi !

The chances that you will get your first choice are low. The chance that you will get at least one of your choices is usually high.

This isn't the first time Keele emails have failed to arrive in an applicants inbox. When this happened to me there was no apology, no effort to make amends and no deviation from the policies and systems in place.

A more sensible route may have been for you to include at least one option that isn't an ensuite. But alas, you are where you are.

Keep checking the portal. :smile: It may be some months before you hear.
Original post by 04MR17
The chances that you will get your first choice are low. The chance that you will get at least one of your choices is usually high.

This isn't the first time Keele emails have failed to arrive in an applicants inbox. When this happened to me there was no apology, no effort to make amends and no deviation from the policies and systems in place.

A more sensible route may have been for you to include at least one option that isn't an ensuite. But alas, you are where you are.

Keep checking the portal. :smile: It may be some months before you hear.

Thanks for the response !!
I was worried that this thread would be too old.

I can still change my preferences for my accommodation but I just can’t do without the en-suite which is why I chose only that room type.

Btw are you at Keele still?
Thanks for the response !!
I was worried that this thread would be too old.

I can still change my preferences for my accommodation but I just can’t do without the en-suite which is why I chose only that room type.

Btw are you at Keele still?
Is your reason for "can't do without the en-suite" a medical one? If so, you can rest assured that will be maintained. However, if your reason is not medical (and therefore you CAN do without the ensuite) then there is a small chance that you won't get any of your choices and may be placed into Horwood (for example) when you might have prefered something like Old Barnes or Old Lindsay. It's a safety net, in essence.

I am no longer a Keele student.
Anyone living in Barnes en-suites next year
Original post by 04MR17
Is your reason for "can't do without the en-suite" a medical one? If so, you can rest assured that will be maintained. However, if your reason is not medical (and therefore you CAN do without the ensuite) then there is a small chance that you won't get any of your choices and may be placed into Horwood (for example) when you might have prefered something like Old Barnes or Old Lindsay. It's a safety net, in essence.

I am no longer a Keele student.

I don't have a medical reason so I dont medically need one. I'd just really like it if I did. But its ok if I dont.

I have moderate Asthma, would I need to tell this to the uni somehow ?
This is because while filling the Accommodation form, it gave me an opportunity to declare any conditions that I might have and I was wondering if I should mention it
I don't have a medical reason so I dont medically need one. I'd just really like it if I did. But its ok if I dont.

I have moderate Asthma, would I need to tell this to the uni somehow ?
This is because while filling the Accommodation form, it gave me an opportunity to declare any conditions that I might have and I was wondering if I should mention it
There will be more forms at a later date where you can declare it. And when you register with the GP on arrival you will be able to tell them at that point. :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
There will be more forms at a later date where you can declare it. And when you register with the GP on arrival you will be able to tell them at that point. :smile:

Oh alright, thanks !
Hi !

Hi @DogeTheDoggo, I am really sorry to hear that you have had issues with accommodation. I think it might be best to email the team on [email protected], as this is a specific question. I think they might be able to tell you how the room allocations will work and if you will receive any special consideration due to this situation. I hope this helps! :smile: Once again, I do sincerely apologise about this whole situation.
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1
Hi @DogeTheDoggo, I am really sorry to hear that you have had issues with accommodation. I think it might be best to email the team on [email protected], as this is a specific question. I think they might be able to tell you how the room allocations will work and if you will receive any special consideration due to this situation. I hope this helps! :smile: Once again, I do sincerely apologise about this whole situation.

Alright thanks!
Hi, I was just wondering how/when would i have to apply for accomodation, if i insure keele and end up getting into keele, as only people who firm can apply, and what are the chances i will get accomodation?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I was just wondering how/when would i have to apply for accomodation, if i insure keele and end up getting into keele, as only people who firm can apply, and what are the chances i will get accomodation?

Hi there! I believe that if you have chosen Keele as your insurance choice, you can also apply for accommodation now. You can do so on the accommodation portal, which you can access on here- https://accommodation.keele.ac.uk/
You will have to register onto the portal first using your student ID number as your username.You can also refer to the accommodation web page for the key dates regarding applications and room allocations. You can access the web page through this link- https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/undergraduateaccommodation/howtoapply/

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions or come across any issues, please don't hesitate to ask me on here! :smile:
Hi! I am an international student, starting my postgrad in Keele this year. My studies will be fully covered by a government scholarship. I was not able to apply for accomodation as I was not sure about the outcome of the scholarship. I was wondering what are the chances of getting an en-suite for me?
Original post by orleanna
Hi! I am an international student, starting my postgrad in Keele this year. My studies will be fully covered by a government scholarship. I was not able to apply for accomodation as I was not sure about the outcome of the scholarship. I was wondering what are the chances of getting an en-suite for me?

Hi @orleanna!

The best thing for you to do is to contact the accommodation team and ask. Accommodation will continue to be allocated right through to mid August, with any remaining accommodation then opened up for clearing.

Whilst we can't guarantee availability of a particular room/accommodation type, the accommodation team can tell you more about the process and help you with making your application. There's more about applying for accommodation - including details about the timescale and the process we use for room allocation at https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/undergraduateaccommodation/howtoapply/, and more on applying for accommodation as an international student at https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/internationalaccommodation/.

You can contact them the accommodation team on [email protected], or by completing an enquiry form on our website at https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/contactus/.

Amy Louise :smile:
Anyone living in Barnes this year?
Hi! So I’m entering keele this September (first year) and I’ve applied for accommodation a few weeks late. Keele is both my firm and insurance choice and I’ve received a conditional offer. I was wondering what my chances of getting an en-suite are and what category I am in? (Astrophysics and environmental science)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! So I’m entering keele this September (first year) and I’ve applied for accommodation a few weeks late. Keele is both my firm and insurance choice and I’ve received a conditional offer. I was wondering what my chances of getting an en-suite are and what category I am in? (Astrophysics and environmental science)

Hi!

Great to hear that you'll be joining us at Keele! I know a few people in the Environmental Science department and they do some really interesting work! You might also be interested in a trip up to our observatory when you arrive on campus - it's a fascinating place and one of our refractors dates back to 1874! There's also an astrophysics group who use the observatory - you can find details on the website at https://www.keele.ac.uk/observatory/.

In terms of accommodation, the best thing for you to do is to contact the accommodation team and ask. Accommodation will continue to be allocated right through to mid August, with any remaining accommodation then opened up for clearing.

Whilst we can't guarantee availability of a particular room/accommodation type, the accommodation team can tell you more about the process and help you with making your application. There's more about applying for accommodation - including details about the timescale and the process we use for room allocation at https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/acc...on/howtoapply/.

You can contact them the accommodation team on [email protected], or by completing an enquiry form on our website at https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/acc...ion/contactus/.

Hope that helps!

Amy Louise :smile:
(Keep checking the accommodation portal. They won't always send an automatic email and they make no apology if you miss your offer - including through lack of notification.)
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if we need induction pans or not for Barnes hall? I don't want to just buy normal ones then not be able to use them. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest