The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Commute to Keele

I just got in to Keele for medicine, I live in Birmingham near city centre. My question is, is it possible to commute in year 1 on a daily basis via public transport?

I have looked at the available accommodation at Keele but I prefer to stay at home.

How many hours do we usually spend in year 1 at university per week? Is there anyone else who commutes and how do you get from Startford station to Keele (bus seems to take too long, so making the journey longer).

I would love to hear from current students who do this journey and how do they cope with it and would they recommend this? Thanks
Original post by gallant1
I just got in to Keele for medicine, I live in Birmingham near city centre. My question is, is it possible to commute in year 1 on a daily basis via public transport?

I have looked at the available accommodation at Keele but I prefer to stay at home.

How many hours do we usually spend in year 1 at university per week? Is there anyone else who commutes and how do you get from Startford station to Keele (bus seems to take too long, so making the journey longer).

I would love to hear from current students who do this journey and how do they cope with it and would they recommend this? Thanks

Please don't commute from Birmingham.

Please live on campus.

This reads as if you're wanting to have a 1hr 45 min commute instead of a 2 minute walk just for some home comforts. From Stoke Train Station you get the 25 bus to campus, at peak times it can take an hour to get to Keele from the station. I assume Startford was a typo because I don't know where that is.

People who commute from Stoke are miserable about doing so (and that's not just because they unfortunately live in Stoke), please don't do this.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2

Hi, are you still considering commuting? I am also in Birmingham and thinking of getting a taxi from/to stoke station. It will be cheaper than staying on campus. Also doing medicine 😊
Reply 3

Hi, I know this is a bit late but will you still be commuting?
Reply 4
Original post by G.K.Sidhu
Hi, I know this is a bit late but will you still be commuting?

Staying on the campus for now but planning to move home next year onwards and commute. What about you?
Reply 5
Staying on the campus for now but planning to move home next year onwards and commute. What about you?

ill be commuting. I live near birmingham too so I will be taking the train and bus to travel
Reply 6
Original post by G.K.Sidhu

ill be commuting. I live near birmingham too so I will be taking the train and bus to travel

Hi, I am planning on commuting next year to keele and I was wondering how are you finding it? I am someone who enjoys travel and tbh doesn’t mind spending an hour or two going somewhere so let me know how you’re finding it!
Best of luck x

Quick Reply

Latest