The Student Room Group

What is / was your hardest GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bill Nye
It only counts for 5 GCSEs if your school enters you for tripe AND core + additional (I think) But then again the core + additional wouldn't really count to sixth forms etc as you would have done triple - the same thing in more depth pretty much

You can only either do triple, double (ie. core and additional) or single (ie. core). So you can get between 1 - 3 science GCSEs, that's all. I hope this makes sense! :smile:
Original post by HugeBloodyNerd
No you definetly get 5 in triple. I've done my research and checked the math based on how many gcses I am doing

Having actually taken my GCSEs I promise you're wrong! What do you think the five GCSEs are in then?
Original post by Bill Nye
Before you tell me - I know it is a completely subjective question and everyone has different strengths.

So what is / was your hardest GCSE subject?

I dont do GCSEs yet but at the moment for me it would have to be English.

Science for me. Useless at science😂
Original post by HugeBloodyNerd
I am currently in year 10 and I am doing triple science, it's hard yes but it is worth it. You will get a lot of homework. I have 15 lessons of science on my timetable (it's a two week timetable so 15 lessons every fortnite) and yes it is hard but if you want to do it, it is so worth it. It will also increase chances of getting into sixthform/college/uni

I don't know if this is some kind of attempt to brag, but 15 lessons per fortnight is not an unbelievable amount. Your last sentence makes no sense as well.
Reply 44
Maths. But I failed art, sooo... :laugh:
Original post by Apex1302
I don't know if this is some kind of attempt to brag, but 15 lessons per fortnight is not an unbelievable amount. Your last sentence makes no sense as well.

no bragging mate I'm only in year 10, it's just the most lessons I've had for one subject
Art because of the sheer amount of work.
Physics was my hardest by far. It was the only subject I was excited to drop.
Geography cos its so confusing
Chemistry because I don't get it that well
History because the teacher is s***. I know this is a bad excuse but I dropped from a 7 to a 4 when we got a new teacher. She even hired someone else to teach for us on Saturdays a few weeks ago because we were so behind (we were on schedule before she came) and while someone else taught she sat at the back of the room eating custard bloody creams. :frown:
Original post by TheEyeOfBaradDur
Chemistry because I don't get it that well
History because the teacher is s***. I know this is a bad excuse but I dropped from a 7 to a 4 when we got a new teacher. She even hired someone else to teach for us on Saturdays a few weeks ago because we were so behind (we were on schedule before she came) and while someone else taught she sat at the back of the room eating custard bloody creams. :frown:

lmaoo

Next year I really hope I get the same maths teacher. We get through all of the content, she makes us write everything down, the class is quiet etc. Normally I wouldn't like this as she is strict, but I have been much better in maths since I had her. She sets alot of homework, but hey. Not many of my classes do so it's not a huge problem.

Quick Reply

Latest