I'm in Year 11 and in the middle of trial exams. I am hoping to achieve all 8s and 9s in the summer but am really struggling with revision and exam stress. I never used to have this issue but I have begun panicking in exams and then not being able to stop thinking about the questions and mistakes I made afterwards.
Any advice for overcoming this and effective revision?
x Turn on thread page Beta
Exam pressure watch
- Thread Starter
Get an app called Headspace and meditate for about 5-10 minutes each day. It helps so much, trust me.
Focus on doing past papers as well as doing practice papers before your exams.
I found that for my GCSEs preparation is key! Every person is different and so you need to take time to find what methods are most effective for you. Some methods that I found useful include:
- Colour coding - Allows work to become bright and less boring.
- Mind maps - To note down quick info
- Past Papers - To find out areas of improvement, strengths, check timings (I would say this is super important)
- Post it notes - I personally put key info on them (e.g. dates) around the house (bedroom walls, fridge) so that I always saw them
- Revision cards - To test yourself
Hope that this helps