The Student Room Group

tired and burnt out during exams

I've spent so much of year 11 studying everyday and getting amazing grades for mocks and class tests but now that it's GCSEs, i feel so mentally tired and burnt out. i can barely sit down and revise for tomorrow's exams because my brain just feels like sludge. i barely have time for myself to relax and take a break because i just really really have to study. any tips to cope?
Reply 1
Meditation is good to get your mind out from heaviness, I been in your shoes i know what it's like to feel constant pressure, although I did my exams on A-levels last week and i meditated 5 days and it helped me focus and be more calm, try
Original post by neresettia
I've spent so much of year 11 studying everyday and getting amazing grades for mocks and class tests but now that it's GCSEs, i feel so mentally tired and burnt out. i can barely sit down and revise for tomorrow's exams because my brain just feels like sludge. i barely have time for myself to relax and take a break because i just really really have to study. any tips to cope?

I'm going through this right now, minus the struggling to revise, constant pressure to do well which you essentially MUST do is very hard. It will all pay of in the end. Looking at GCSE grades in the range of 9,8,8,8,8,7,7,7,7 to 9,9,9,8,8,7,7,7,7 :smile:
Reply 3

Can you go for a walk to clear your head? Do the minimum this evening ... GCSEs are a marathon and you need frequent breaks.
Reply 4
I wouldn’t revise heavily in between GCSEs. Whilst you may think that it will help you learn last minute before the exams, the reality is it will just make you burnt out. Make sure to take breaks and don’t feel pressured to revise all in one night. (P.S I felt exactly the same during GCSEs and i did no revision between exams because I was so exhausted and I still ended up getting all 8s and 9s despite the fact that I felt like I did not know anything)
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
Can you go for a walk to clear your head? Do the minimum this evening ... GCSEs are a marathon and you need frequent breaks.

thank you, i'll definitely do that!!
Reply 6
Original post by Suzacat
I wouldn’t revise heavily in between GCSEs. Whilst you may think that it will help you learn last minute before the exams, the reality is it will just make you burnt out. Make sure to take breaks and don’t feel pressured to revise all in one night. (P.S I felt exactly the same during GCSEs and i did no revision between exams because I was so exhausted and I still ended up getting all 8s and 9s despite the fact that I felt like I did not know anything)

this makes me feel a lot better, thanks a lot!!
Reply 7
thank you, i'll definitely do that!!

Make sure you build in breaks over half-term.
Original post by Muttley79
Make sure you build in breaks over half-term.

exactly muttley

Quick Reply

Latest