The Student Room Group

How do I get a summer job abroad?

Does anyone have any website suggestions for me to try out? I’ve been looking on the internet and I’m wanting to avoid any potential scams. Thank you!:smile:
Original post by Person556
Does anyone have any website suggestions for me to try out? I’ve been looking on the internet and I’m wanting to avoid any potential scams. Thank you!:smile:

There are probably loads and some specific to country or type of job. Just don't send money to people and make sure you do your research about the type of organsiation, job and things like living arrangements transport etc.
Reply 2
look at bunac haven't used them but heard of them a few times and they came to a fair at my uni so i think it must be reliable but don't hold me to that
I'm going to work experience in France with the company Halsbury this easter so I'll try to remember and let you know how I got on. Hopefully I won't get kidnapped :smile:
Original post by Person556

I finally went on the trip and it was great! You have the choice of staying with a host family or at a hotel, and they will allocate you to one of a few given cities.
I stayed at a hotel (which was clean and nice) in Lille, and I shared a room with one other girl on the same programme. I found myself speaking a lot of English because of this, so if you really want to really improve your language, I would recommend staying with the hosts. There is a group leader who you can contact at any time and everything is quite organised and safe.

The downside is that the company choose the work for you (though you give preferences), and it is pretty expensive. It's fine for a week or two of non-relevant work experience, but if you want something specific to your future career, I wouldn't chance it. I had to work in a hotel, I didn't get forced to clean anything. It was kind of boring but it's something to put on your CV. The fun part was exploring the city with everyone, making new friends, and going to theme parks, laser tag, cinema, etc. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Contact employers early. If you want a career-related position, it is essential to contact the manager of an organization in your area of interest, and also the HR department, in an advance of three or four months.

Read this article about : How to Find Summer Jobs or Internship

I hope you will like this information.thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending