The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Maths (Old Spec) - Further Pure 2 MFP2 - 22 June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by HarryGCSE
Overall it wasn't too bad. Just annoyed about the second half of questions 4,8,9
Exactly the same for me
Original post by Mosa99
how did you guys do? FP2 was an extra module I decided to do. I will lose like 10 marks. Is it enough for a 90 ums????? i messed up FP3 i hope 65-63 are enough for an A* in FP2.

Me too! 4 marks to integrating 1/cosh^2, 4 marks to 1/α^4+1/β^4+1/γ^4, and 2 marks to getting 2 solutions for the y-coordinate.
Just hoping lots if people also missed a couple of 4 markers.
Time was as always the big problem.
Reply 22
Original post by Black-Photon
Me too! 4 marks to integrating 1/cosh^2, 4 marks to 1/α^4+1/β^4+1/γ^4, and 2 marks to getting 2 solutions for the y-coordinate.

Yea time was a killer. What other modules are you doing?
Original post by Black-Photon

Sameeeeeeee I missed a few questions cause I didn't know what to do XD Couldn't finish the last part of the roots of polynomials question, only did half of the proof for question 3, couldn't find the y-coordinate thing (I got coshy = 5/12 or something), couldn't do the last part of question 9, and couldn't do the last part of the question 'find the least value of |z|. But overall, the paper wasn't as horrendous as FP3 haha
Reply 24
For |z| I think I drew a line through the origin and perpendicular to L, worked out the point of intersection then the length
Original post by Glo1999
For |z| I think I drew a line through the origin and perpendicular to L, worked out the point of intersection then the length

Oh shite I'm such a dumbass😂
**** me that was bad. Probably lost 15-20 marks so bye A*
Reply 27
Does anybody remember the questions? I'd be interested in trying to guess how bad I did
Harder than last year due to time, but doable nonetheless. I think grade boundaries probably same as last year or maybe 1-2 marks lower for an A*.
Reply 29
Anyone wanna do a mark scheme
Original post by math24601
**** me that was bad. Probably lost 15-20 marks so bye A*

Same here, but the grade boundaries are always relatively low, so you should still get at least an A even after losing 15-20marks~
Original post by jess2157
Same here, but the grade boundaries are always relatively low, so you should still get at least an A even after losing 15-20marks~

God I hope so 😫
Reply 32
Oh shite I'm such a dumbass😂

Oh don't worry about it, I don't know if it's the right way anyway and I got very confused by the roots of polynomial question as well
Does any one remember what the last question is?
Reply 34
Unofficial markscheme?
Reply 35
Honestly think I missed out/half-arsed about 15 marks lmao so taking that into account and obvious failures elsewhere I'm looking at a B if i'm very lucky :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by Glo1999
Oh don't worry about it, I don't know if it's the right way anyway and I got very confused by the roots of polynomial question as well

Nah I'm pretty sure that's the right method. |z| would be minimised when the angle between the line L and |z| are perpendicular, so you've probably got those 4 marks haha~

The polynomial question - I did half of it and got to something like 16/81 [sum of (double products)4], but then ran out of time. It's probably wrong anyway~~
[QUOTE=Helen:)[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace][excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];78503498]Does any one remember what the last question is?

Don't know if this helps, but all I remember is this:

For the 1st part, you had to express cos(5theta) in terms of powers of cos(theta). Then you had to find the value of cos2(theta) (or something) when cos(5theta) = 0. The last part was something about the product of 2 of the roots or something.

Probably doesn't help much, but I tried😂
Don't know if this helps, but all I remember is this:

For the 1st part, you had to express cos(5theta) in terms of powers of cos(theta). Then you had to find the value of cos2(theta) (or something) when cos(5theta) = 0. The last part was something about the product of 2 of the roots or something.

Probably doesn't help much, but I tried😂

Yes it really helps!!!!!!!!!!
I have been panic for an hour about that if I missed out the last question!!!
But now, I can see that I didn’t miss it out since I did the question you described!
Thank you so much!!! You saved my day!!!!!!!!
Original post by Mosa99
Yea time was a killer. What other modules are you doing?

M2 and D2. M2 is hard, but pretty predictable except for the horrible last moments questions they sometimes do.
D2 is predictable, and really quite straightforward. If I lose marks in that it'll be to stupid stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending