How did you find the 2018 AQA FP2 exam?

Amazing! :woo: 11%
Good :H 21%
Okay :bebored: 26%
Bad :cry2: 21%
HORRIBLE PAPER!! :@21%
Total votes: 19

AQA A Level Maths Discussion Thread - 2018 Edition

Hey guys, I thought I'd make this niiiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Maths exams this year?

Further Pure 2
Date: Friday 22nd June 2018
Time: Morning
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Days to go?: It’s over!! :woohoo:

Probably the most important way to prepare for maths is to do plenty of past papers! You can find the more recent papers here and the older ones here.

Also, Physics & Maths Tutor has some good resources for revision - everything from revision notes to questions on specific topics. You can find the Further Pure 2 materials here.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence!

Other AQA Exam Threads:
AQA AS Decision 1 (MD01) - 22nd June
AQA A2 Decision 2 (MD02) - 26th June
AQA AS Further Pure 1 (MFP1) - 13th June
AQA A2 Further Pure 3 (MFP3) - 16th May
AQA A2 Further Pure 4 (MFP4) - 23rd May
AQA AS Mechanics 1 (MM1B) - 19th June
AQA A2 Mechanics 2 (MM2B) - 25th June
AQA A2 Mechanics 3 (MM03) - 6th June
AQA AS Statistics 1 (MS1B) - 6th June
AQA A2 Statistics 2 (MS2B) - 19th June
AQA A2 Statistics 3 (MS03) - 25th June
AQA A2 Statistics 4 (MS04) - 26th June
AQA AS Core 1 (MPC1) - 16th May
AQA AS Core 2 (MPC2) - 23rd May
AQA A2 Core 3 (MPC3) - 13th June
AQA A2 Core 4 (MPC4) - 15th June
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Are there threads like this for Edexcel?
Original post by Radioactivedecay
Are there threads like this for Edexcel?

There will be later on today :colondollar: :colondollar: working my way through!
i'm self teaching this module - any advice? i am an A* student but i just cannot do FP2... i did a past paper yesterday and got 9 marks :smile::smile::smile:
Original post by imundercover
i'm self teaching this module - any advice? i am an A* student but i just cannot do FP2... i did a past paper yesterday and got 9 marks :smile::smile::smile:

make sure you understand the content thoroughly - make condensed notes from the textbook on all the relevant theory.
also make sure you spend time remembering the equations / tricks not in the formula booklet e.g. the sum of the roots squared equation
if you're really struggling at first with the past papers work through some open book to get the methods down, then start to do them without any resources to better exam technique :smile: hope that helps

I'm in exactly the same position as you (although I'm more of an A student than an A* haha), I've found that working through really early papers (like 2006/07/08 etc.) with the textbook open is pretty useful, I really strugle with De Moivre's theorem so that's just practice practice practice! Are you taking any other modules this year?
Original post by Tomazza123
I'm in exactly the same position as you (although I'm more of an A student than an A* haha), I've found that working through really early papers (like 2006/07/08 etc.) with the textbook open is pretty useful, I really strugle with De Moivre's theorem so that's just practice practice practice! Are you taking any other modules this year?

i had my FP3 exam yesterday.......i do not even want to discuss what a joke that exam was. I am going to need 100 ums in this and mechanics to get into Uni...my worst two modules :smile: love life!
i had my FP3 exam yesterday.......i do not even want to discuss what a joke that exam was. I am going to need 100 ums in this and mechanics to get into Uni...my worst two modules :smile: love life!

I did that same FP3 exam, those last like 4 questions were so stupid... and now we're in the same boat because we need good grades in M2 and FP2, which are my worst modules as well haha, yay for life :smile:
Original post by Tomazza123
I did that same FP3 exam, those last like 4 questions were so stupid... and now we're in the same boat because we need good grades in M2 and FP2, which are my worst modules as well haha, yay for life :smile:

omg...praying for us. I hate AQA.
omg...praying for us. I hate AQA.

Just gotta hope they're nice to us for once...
How’s everyone feeling?
Original post by gödel
How’s everyone feeling?

Unprepared😂 You??
lol i feel so unprepared for friday but i need to do well on fp2 to compensate for fp3 😩
Original post by ithinkitslily
lol i feel so unprepared for friday but i need to do well on fp2 to compensate for fp3 😩

Omg I'm the same😂 Do you think FP3 was the same as last year or harder? Or easier?
Original post by jess2157
Omg I'm the same😂 Do you think FP3 was the same as last year or harder? Or easier?

hmm i think harder but that might be just bc it was the real exam so loads of pressure 😩 i found both this years and last years hard tho
has anyone come across or got any good resources for de moivres/ cube roots of unity questions? think ive got the rest nailed down but can't get my head around it :frown:
Original post by pennytown6
has anyone come across or got any good resources for de moivres/ cube roots of unity questions? think ive got the rest nailed down but can't get my head around it :frown:

I don't know if this will help at all, but this PDF has a lot of FP2 practice questions and past paper material! Some of the answers they provide aren't right, but the methods are and the notes are pretty concise. I've been using it to practice De Moivre questions as well - it's my worst area haha! Anyway, hope it helps!

http://douis.net/css/alevel/fp_2/revision_guide_fp2.pdf
Overall it wasn't too bad. Just annoyed about the second half of questions 4,8,9
well that was awful
Reply 19
how did you guys do? FP2 was an extra module I decided to do. I will lose like 10 marks. Is it enough for a 90 ums????? i messed up FP3 i hope 65-63 are enough for an A* in FP2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending