The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

URGENT- computer science at Loughborough

Hi I want to know what it's like studying CS at loughborough . It's not the best for CS yet it's a top uni. I want my doubts to be cleared...
Do you feel you are one step ahead with the teaching and the lecturers generallt want to help or just teaching for the sake of it??
When you compare this course here to other unis are there really any differences e.g at Birm or warwick etc?
How do you like living at Loughborough?... When I went to visit it was so big I feel I might get overwhelmed. .. e.g its not like warwick where everything is in one place. Does it get quiet on weekends and fridays or is it loud party place?
Is loughborough international?
Would you recommed it or any advice? Would you need to have programmed before the course or would you not struggle if you haven't?
Also I feel theres a big emphasis on sports which I do like , maybe not brilliant at them but is there anythingelse because I dont think it has many societies? ? Correct me if im wrong
Thanksin advance
Hey, so I am sadly not a Computer Science student, but I can tell you about living in Loughborough.

Living at Loughborough is fine, there is always something to do if you feel like doing something and so it is difficult to get bored of.
I think everyone gets a bit overwhelmed when they first come to the campus, since it is the 2nd biggest campus in the UK (I think), however once you start you find your degree is mostly concentrated in one area of campus, allowing you to slowly explore the rest of campus.
It definitely gets quieter over the weekends, however since there is a lot of sport always on it never gets that quiet, it just seems most students spend the weekend sleeping in their rooms.
It can definitely get to a loud party place at times. however how much you want to go with this is completely up to you, for myself personally I find there to be a few too many "lads" for what I like, but once you find a friend group that suits what you want, it is great.
I would say Loughborough is quite International, but not particularly more international than most UK universities.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by PenguinEmperor
Hey, so I am sadly not a Computer Science student, but I can tell you about living in Loughborough.

Living at Loughborough is fine, there is always something to do if you feel like doing something and so it is difficult to get bored of.
I think everyone gets a bit overwhelmed when they first come to the campus, since it is the 2nd biggest campus in the UK (I think), however once you start you find your degree is mostly concentrated in one area of campus, allowing you to slowly explore the rest of campus.
It definitely gets quieter over the weekends, however since there is a lot of sport always on it never gets that quiet, it just seems most students spend the weekend sleeping in their rooms.
It can definitely get to a loud party place at times. however how much you want to go with this is completely up to you, for myself personally I find there to be a few too many "lads" for what I like, but once you find a friend group that suits what you want, it is great.
I would say Loughborough is quite International, but not particularly more international than most UK universities.

Why do I feel all unis outside of London are like this :/ E.g I am at Birmingham but thinking of changing my course to CS and I also feel the campus is quite big and that it is quiet on weekends and people sleep lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending