The Student Room Group

MSc data sci at Loughborough or Coventry?

Hi,
I've had offers for the master in data science (for non-computer science grads) from Loughborough and Coventry. I'm interested in ultimately working either in public sector or education / health / social organisation. I've got a degree in psychology. Any thoughts on which uni might be best for what I want to do / my background?
Thanks in advance.
Ally
Original post by allyceebee
Hi,
I've had offers for the master in data science (for non-computer science grads) from Loughborough and Coventry. I'm interested in ultimately working either in public sector or education / health / social organisation. I've got a degree in psychology. Any thoughts on which uni might be best for what I want to do / my background?
Thanks in advance.
Ally

Hi @allyceebee,

It's great to hear from you and congratulations on your offers :smile:

I was just wondering whether you'd compared each course page to see whether one suits you more than the other and aligns with your goals better? Here's Loughborough's MSc Data Science programme.

We also have a few stories from students who have taken our MSc Data Science programme here. These stories may give you more information about how they found the course.

I can see that you've talked about your future in your post, so another thing I'd advise is to look at each university and what support they offer with regard to careers. For instance, Loughborough has a Careers Network which supports students in this area.

Other than this, I would definitely look at other factors that you're interested in getting from your experience at a university. This could include being a part of certain societies or sports teams, finding the right accommodation that suits you or being on a campus where you can just see yourself being happier.

If you do have any specific questions about the course, please feel free to email [email protected].

For any other questions about life at Loughborough, please feel free to ask :smile:

- Lindsay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending