Poll

Msc data science

I’m an international student.

The school I applied to
UCL- msc data science
Manchester- msc data science
Sheffield- msc data science (offer)
Qmul- msc big data science (offer)
Southampton- msc data and decision analytics (offer)
Loughborough(london campus)- msc data science & ai (offer)

Which of the four schools do you recommend?🥹
When will the results of the Manchester and ucl come out? I can't breathe

I really need your advice
Original post by Hamjji

The school I applied to
UCL- msc data science

Hi there,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Loughborough University London :smile: congratulations on your offer! I believe you are referring to our Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics MSc programme, so I wanted to post some links to help.

You can read up on the Institute of Digital Technologies at Loughborough University London on our website.

You can also find case studies from students who studied a course within the Institute of Digital Technologies too.

Finally, you can email the University who will answer any questions you may have by finding the contact details at the bottom of this link.

I hope this helps! :smile: I would not mind answering any further questions, so please just get in touch if you have any.

- Lindsay
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Hamjji

The school I applied to
UCL- msc data science

Hey there,

I did the MSC big data science at QMUL, and I won't even recommend it to students.
I am happy to answer your questions if you have any why I wouldn't recommend it.

Also, have you done your research and why you want to do data science?
Reply 3
Original post by Ahoy
Hey there,

I did the MSC big data science at QMUL, and I won't even recommend it to students.
I am happy to answer your questions if you have any why I wouldn't recommend it.

The reason why I chose Qmul is that I learn data science that focuses on computers rather than statistics. And most of all, I felt systematic. But actually, I'm not sure either. Why don't you recommend it?
Reply 4
Original post by Hamjji
The reason why I chose Qmul is that I learn data science that focuses on computers rather than statistics. And most of all, I felt systematic. But actually, I'm not sure either. Why don't you recommend it?

You mentioned that you chose QMUL because you wanted to learn data science that focuses more on computers than statistics and because you felt the program was systematic. However, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "computer stuff." Have you considered pursuing an MSc in computer science instead?

It's worth noting that statistics is a crucial aspect of data science. Unfortunately, I found the applied statistics at QMUL to be a big disappointment. If you do choose to attend QMUL, I would highly recommend having strong proficiency in Python programming. In group projects, I've encountered students who had never learned programming and were unable to contribute, yet they received the same marks as those who did. This can be a frustrating experience for everyone involved, and I know of one person who remains unemployed despite receiving a grade distinction.

If you're a recent graduate with no work experience, it's important to manage your expectations regarding job prospects after completing the course. It's important to do your research thoroughly to avoid wasting your time.

I have met some international students who pursued the MSc primarily for the visa and career change opportunities, and many of them found success in finding jobs in the UK. So it would be good to have some level of experience in technology prior to joining.

While I'm happy to share more about my experience with the program, I must say that looking back, I don't believe a degree is necessary to learn about data science. There are many resources available online, but I understand that many students may wish to live in the UK for various reasons.
Reply 5
Also, there is a house crisis in the UK. There are not enough supply so rent keep increasing. So, best do your research into accommodation and get a good idea of the cost because houses are going fast.
Reply 6
Original post by Ahoy
Hey there,

I was interested in studying an MSc in Big data science at QMUL. Why would you not recommend it?

Also, I believe they have 2 streams; the data science and data engineering streams, which one did you do?

Have you found employment after completing the course?

Lastly, do you think there is a high demand for professionals in this field?
Reply 7
Original post by Hamjji

The school I applied to
UCL- msc data science

Did you get an offer from Manchester university ?
Reply 8
Original post by Fr13nd
Did you get an offer from Manchester university ?

I wouldn't recommend QMUL. The course its a complete joke.

Overall, you don't need an expensive Msc degree because it does not guarantee a job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending