The Student Room Group

GCSE's IN TWO MONTHS:/

I have 18 exams in May leading up to June. I have to revise for biology, physics, chemistry, English lit/language,geography, health and social and maths.

So how on earth I'm I going to get all the information from the different topics from the subjects, in my head???
Is there some easier way to memorise all the information?
Hi lovely! My biggest regret during my GCSEs was not revising ENOUGH and frequently ENOUGH. So revise like hell, find out what best suits you and DO IT. Flash cards and revision cards were my best friend. Make them short, snappy and memorable. I did a bunch for each subject and broke them down into units and topics. My HSC notes were short and quick so they were easily memorised. I hope this helps!
Reply 2
Okay, thanks for the advice
Original post by yelp:)
Okay, thanks for the advice

No problem at all! :smile:
bless

such innocence

2 months is absolutely enough time to get smashing grades at gcse. Past papers are very useful. Find out your method of revision, be it talking to people, rewriting model answers or listening to a recording of yourself. Good luck!
Original post by yelp:)
I have 18 exams in May leading up to June. I have to revise for biology, physics, chemistry, English lit/language,geography, health and social and maths.

So how on earth I'm I going to get all the information from the different topics from the subjects, in my head???
Is there some easier way to memorise all the information?

You'll be absolutely fine - flashcards, past papers, and confidence are your best friends :smile:
Reply 6
Concentrate on your priority subjects, include English language and maths with that. The priority subjects are those you need to do at A Level, university, or your career. English and maths are called for right across the board by employers.

As for learning it depends what type of learner you are, but here are a few ways

Parrot fashion
Flash Cards
Mind maps
Spider Charts
Dance moves
Poetry and lyrics
Acronyms
Post it notes around the house
Cheat sheets
Loci method
Roman room method
Journey method
Rhyme and rhythm
The 20 - 5 study rotation - study for 20 minutes with 5 minutes physical activity in between
Quiz
Past papers (a must in maths)
Teaching it to others - including pets if there isn't anyone
and so on.
Reply 7
To get as much information into your memory as possible, testing is the most effective way. Use flashcards, make tests at the same time as you're making notes so that you have something to go back to, use resources like quizlet with ready made tests, try and do any exercises in text books or past papers questions. Basically the more familiar you are with the material and answering the questions on it, the easier you'll find the exams. I find https://senecalearning.com/ a pretty good platform because it's all exam board specific and uses a variety of different ways to both teach and test the material

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest