The Student Room Group

About nursing

Hello I am single mum of two kids and my English is not very excellent I wish to study and improve my English language skills and then study children nursing?is it possible for me to do that?please someone give me some advice and information if possible thank you
Do you have gcse in English and maths at grade c or above? As you will need these - and if not will need to do the gcse at a local college or functional skills level 2 course I understand. Functional skills can be done at college or remotely with providers like learn direct and lead assessment (I think it is called?). I am in a similar position to you!
Reply 2
Thank you for your information I do not have GCSE in English and math I have plan to do it
Original post by Zarifi
Thank you for your information I do not have GCSE in English and math I have plan to do it

Lots of local colleges seem to offer free GCSEs in maths and English and/or functional skills - takes 9 months or so, usually from September I have seen. Often as evening courses too for adults looking to upskill. Have a look locally, or if you need it quicker/more flexibility check for online providers - but do check the university you want to go to accepts the qualification/examining bodies qualification.
Reply 4
Original post by Seeseeseeagain
Lots of local colleges seem to offer free GCSEs in maths and English and/or functional skills - takes 9 months or so, usually from September I have seen. Often as evening courses too for adults looking to upskill. Have a look locally, or if you need it quicker/more flexibility check for online providers - but do check the university you want to go to accepts the qualification/examining bodies qualification.

Okay thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending