The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Need to downgrade accommodation

I thought it would be a good idea to apply for accommodation with friends, and it's ended up completely backfiring.

We've applied to Bishop Gate which is £153 a week. I have the lowest maintenance loan but can't really get support from my parents due to a bad financial situation.

Since they get a much higher maintenance loan due to a lower household income, and one of them is having most of it paid upfront by their parents, I'm in a bad position in comparison.

Even if I worked constantly and saved up £2000 I'd still struggle to cover accommodation alone.

It says I cannot change my application, which means unless I can change it I can't see much choice but to not go to uni.
Ring the uni Accommodation department and make an appointment to go and speak with them. They are the experts who can advise you on the options.

I’m no expert, but I imagine it should be possible to swap your accommodation before September. Lots of students who arrive through Clearing get the leftovers when it comes to accommodation, and will be only too pleased to swap you for an upgrade.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest