The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

if you were a snobby **** going for a transfer, i don't reckon barts would be your first choice :wink:
Reply 21
Thankfully!!! Nothing worse than an arse who thinks that they are something else!
Reply 22
Vazzyb
lol at our college, after a simple mock exam, each of the 25 people knew exactly where each of the other 24 people came in the ranking order - within hours - and they didn't put the results up on noticeboard or something. There are some colleges where no one cares apparently (wonder why :P), like Kings - everyone's happy there lol

I wonder where you got that idea...?
Reply 23
I have noticed close to no maliciousness in competition here. Most of us help eachother out or just don't talk about academic things. We work as hard as we feel necessary to reach our own targets, but I've never seen anyone deliberately steal notes, hide books/papers/journals or lie about academic things. Yeah, it's great to get a first, but it's not the most important thing in everyone's mind.

The natscis in my year on the other hand....

bright star: It was my 5th choice! :colondollar: (But I wouldn't call myself overly snobby...)
Reply 24
cos all the Kings medics in my year don't seem stressed at all lol, they also said 'there's no pressure to get a 1st at all' - compare that with my college - they wud be much happier!
Fluffy
Thankfully!!! Nothing worse than an arse who thinks that they are something else!

The only Barts grad I've ever met is the F2 at the GP's I work at. He thinks he's God's gift to medicine, has said no more than two words to any of the staff in the whole three months he's been here, and generally is arsey to everyone, including the patients. Not surprising, he wants to be a surgeon....
Reply 26
Vazzyb
cos all the Kings medics in my year don't seem stressed at all lol, they also said 'there's no pressure to get a 1st at all' - compare that with my college - they wud be much happier!

Well we're not *******ed into thinking a first is the Holy Grail of university life:wink: That's not to say we're not all generally hard working people... I guess the ethos is pretty different.

At least you're not from Christ's.
Reply 27
Becca-Sarah
The only Barts grad I've ever met is the F2 at the GP's I work at. He thinks he's God's gift to medicine, has said no more than two words to any of the staff in the whole three months he's been here, and generally is arsey to everyone, including the patients. Not surprising, he wants to be a surgeon....
what does he look like? Is he, erm, sort of fat?
Reply 28
visesh
Well we're not *******ed into thinking a first is the Holy Grail of university life:wink: That's not to say we're not all generally hard working people... I guess the ethos is pretty different.
At least you're not from Christ's.

Its not really college imposed ethos either, its all down to competition between peers. There are just so many of us that it causes this I think. And to clarify, when I said 'they would much happier' i mean, they would be much happier at Kings, where they are, rather than silly competitions over every essay lol
Reply 29
Saffie
what does he look like? Is he, erm, sort of fat?
Fat, beardy, jewish?

It ****ing would be him as well! I think he's the only one who went to Trent.
Reply 30
Renal
Fat, beardy, jewish?

It ****ing would be him as well! I think he's the only one who went to Trent.
:rofl: That's awesome! :biggrin:
Reply 31
Saffie
:rofl: That's awesome! :biggrin:
PMSL. :rofl:

Apparently he's lecturing at Notts...

...on comms skills. :biggrin:
Reply 32
I'm glad it's not just me PMSL!!

What a legend.

I never realised his comms skills were that bad though, obviously I have never been exactly sober when I've encountered him.
Reply 33
Saffie
I never realised his comms skills were that bad though, obviously I have never been exactly sober when I've encountered him.
There's nothing wrong with his comms skills.
Reply 34
I honestly haven't come across anything like this. My year have always been really helpful when I have needed it. Especially on the wards so many people have taken time to explain things that I didn't get and they did and visa versa I would be happy to do the same. I definitely haven't experienced anything which has been mentioned here which I find quite worrying :s-smilie:
tbh there's one girl in my clinical group that gives us all hell.... if she wasn't so in my face, i don't know how long i'd have to look for another one. the grad that joined my group was a pest for a while but she seems to be behaving herself now. i think her problem was more that she just joined the group now, and was used to looking after herself.
Reply 36
Saffie
I'm glad it's not just me PMSL!!

What a legend.

His comms skills rock - isn't he a Comms Skills teacher at Notts now?
Reply 37
Fluffy
Yer.

And judge for their comedy revue apparently. :smile:

I'm not surprised that he's a grumpy **** doing GP with you BS.
I was really hoping the competitive aspect would drop when going to uni. :frown: It's really annoying when people are so determined to beat everyone. What do they gain!?

Although at the same time obviously every likes narrowly beating your mates just so you can rub it in their faces! :wink:
Reply 39
Fluffy
lol. if you say so!

I don't really know him... he's never been a student here at the same time as me and he can't really get to mixed hockey now.. and he's scary and would probably make me inhale gin or down a bottle of wine. :puppyeyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending