The Student Room Group

EDUQAS/WJEC GCSE (9-1) Religious Studies Route B 2018

The exams are on the 14th,16th and 24th of May. Thoughts?
Which religions are you studying?
Glad someone else studies this course! Not feeling too bad, but could be better prepared, considering there are next to no resources!
Original post by louishill1
Glad someone else studies this course! Not feeling too bad, but could be better prepared, considering there are next to no resources!

Same here! I like RE but I feel that some of the course is unnecessary. They released the revision guide in MARCH this year (it's on Amazon). Absolute joke.
Original post by internet monster
Which religions are you studying?

Catholicism and Judaism.
Quite a difficult course with a lot of content. Revision guide and textbook was released very late, do not know the effect on the grade boundaries. Please let me know your thoughts regarding the grade boundaries given to you by school. For my school, they are:

9- 92%
8- 88%
7- 81%
6- 74%
5- 66%
4- 58%
3- 49%

They seem a bit high considering the late release of the textbook and revision guide plus the lack of resources and the great amount of content.
Original post by gcses2018
Quite a difficult course with a lot of content. Revision guide and textbook was released very late, do not know the effect on the grade boundaries. Please let me know your thoughts regarding the grade boundaries given to you by school. For my school, they are:

9- 92%
8- 88%
7- 81%
6- 74%
5- 66%
4- 58%
3- 49%

They seem a bit high considering the late release of the textbook and revision guide plus the lack of resources and the great amount of content.

I am doing Catholic Christianity and Judaism

9- 92%
8- 88%
7- 81%
6- 74%
5- 66%
4- 58%
3- 49%

My school set the grade 9 at 97% and not one person in our year has ever achieved a grade 9. I got 95% so hopefully, that sets me up for a chance in the real thing.
Original post by louishill1
My school set the grade 9 at 97% and not one person in our year has ever achieved a grade 9. I got 95% so hopefully, that sets me up for a chance in the real thing.

I did actually manage to get a 9 with 94% for the Origins and Meaning and Good and Evil paper. If you have any resources, could you please share and let me know if there is anything you need. Which test did you manage to get 95% in?
I did actually manage to get a 9 with 94% for the Origins and Meaning and Good and Evil paper. If you have any resources, could you please share and let me know if there is anything you need. Which test did you manage to get 95% in?

I got a 3 in the mocks doing Christianity and Judaism. Please let me know if you have resources apart from the revision guide
Original post by Hannahrose3112
I got a 3 in the mocks doing Christianity and Judaism. Please let me know if you have resources apart from the revision guide

My teacher found some unofficial revision guides online however one of them was removed I think. I got an 7 in my mocks thanks to them :smile:

9- 92%
8- 88%
7- 81%
6- 74%
5- 66%
4- 58%
3- 49%

Your grade boundaries seem quite high mine are:
9-95%
8-85%
7-75%
6-65%
5- 55%
4- 45%
etc...
But from the sample answers particularly in the textbook, it doesn't require massive scripture learning to get a decent grade.
(paper 2 - 16th may) - what did everyone put for the nature of the church question? 4 marks (catholic, holy, apostolic, one)??
Original post by anonymous._.123
(paper 2 - 16th may) - what did everyone put for the nature of the church question? 4 marks (catholic, holy, apostolic, one)??

I just explained each part of the nature of the Church, to be honest. I was so happy about the essay questions that came up though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest