The Student Room Group

Year 11 Summer Schools & Work Experience

Has anyone found any good summer schools or work experiencefor this summer? Preferably free and residential.
Hi there,

As much as work experience and summer school are great ideas, think also about volunteering, university open days, NCS and other things to fill your summer holidays.

I am only saying this because summer schools are quite a lengthy process and most applications would be nearing to a close soon. Please do search up online or talk to a teacher at school to see if they could lend a hand.
Reply 2
Original post by Marcus_:D
Hi there,

As much as work experience and summer school are great ideas, think also about volunteering, university open days, NCS and other things to fill your summer holidays.

I am only saying this because summer schools are quite a lengthy process and most applications would be nearing to a close soon. Please do search up online or talk to a teacher at school to see if they could lend a hand.

Thanks, I have applied to some already but your suggestions sound good do you have any ideas of what volunteering and uni open days to go to?
Volunteering- local charity shops, animal shelters, anything for a cause you like or feel inclined towards. Best to keep it local.

NCS- Sign up its 4 weeks of a great experience.

Open days: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/events/find/type/open-day most of them are during the holidays or within September so have a look around and see if you can go to the taster sessions if they offer them on the day!
Reply 4
Original post by Marcus_:D
Volunteering- local charity shops, animal shelters, anything for a cause you like or feel inclined towards. Best to keep it local.

NCS- Sign up its 4 weeks of a great experience.

Open days: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/events/find/type/open-day most of them are during the holidays or within September so have a look around and see if you can go to the taster sessions if they offer them on the day!

thank you so much
No probs dm me if you have any more questions ^^
Reply 6
bump

Quick Reply

Latest