The Student Room Group

Physics unit 3 IAL may/june 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flufdude
Because for the 5 mark question it stated that it should plot a graph of length *against* t^2

OH MAYBE.if u did like that maybe they will give you marks.as you say.BUT u will never get a near value substituting the gradient to fimd g right.What was the answer for your G?
In the official papers and in the official as books past paers all of them have taken t^2 as the dependent variable bro.
Original post by barbiedoll98
no wrong..T^2 IS THE DEPENDENT VARIABLE(Y AXIS)

But in the question (the plot the graph for 5 marks) it clearly stated that the graph should be lenght against t^2

http://www.oxfordcroquet.com/tech/lawnspeed/index.asp
Proof^
0.169 was my gradient
OH MAYBE.if u did like that maybe they will give you marks.as you say.BUT u will never get a near value substituting the gradient to fimd g right.What was the answer for your G?
0.169 was my gradient

yep i guessed so and there shouldnt be a near answer for g (9.814) right?😜 like in range about 10.5 to 13 ??
yep i guessed so and there shouldnt be a near answer for g (9.814) right?😜 like in range about 10.5 to 13 ??

I'll get the error carried forward marks
I'll get the error carried forward marks

hmm.but if the paper has said so as u said maybe you will worth getting marks👍
Original post by Dawood khalid
How was the paper guys

Actually the paper was the easiest one except tge last 4 marks of calculation

3.3 is the gradient or 3.25
Original post by Mafroos ali
3.3 is the gradient or 3.25

i got 3.33 and 3.3 is the most people got.i hope we are okay

I guess there is gonna be a range because uk, it's a gradient
Original post by anjumzz14
Yeah I mentioned everything except that. So yeah will lose 1 mark. And for chemistry I think the paper was a bit different. It should not be more than 35 out of 50 for an A grade.
I lost marks for the spectroscopy question and some parts of the organic question.

Chemistry paper was little bit a mind twister i think 32 will be a grade in chem and what was ur answer for 5 mark experiment
Oh wait I remember now i did x10^-2 and got 3.3333333333 etc as the gradient. And I found my G value to be 5.something
But in the question (the plot the graph for 5 marks) it clearly stated that the graph should be lenght against t^2

http://www.oxfordcroquet.com/tech/lawnspeed/index.asp
Proof^
aybe we both are correct👍
Oh wait I remember now i did x10^-2 and got 3.3333333333 etc as the gradient. And I found my G value to be 5.something

yep i got the gradient as same as you.so i made it 3 sig fig.(3.33) and the g value was 11.95

g shouldnt be that much LOWER.ORIGINAL g is 9.814Bro
Original post by Mafroos ali
Chemistry paper was little bit a mind twister i think 32 will be a grade in chem and what was ur answer for 5 mark experiment

i think it gonna be 34-36
g shouldnt be that much LOWER.ORIGINAL g is 9.814Bro

I got g as 2.87 😫😫
i think it gonna be 34-36

What was ur answer for 5 mark question?
Original post by anjumzz14
In the viscosity experiment - I forgot to write that "the ball reaches terminal velocity at a certain point". Other than that, i wrote everything about how to measure the radius, height and time for velocity etc.
What do you guys think how many marks I'm gonna lose for that particular statement? 1 or max 2?

Is it necessary to write the ball has gained terminal velocity? I dont think 🤔 so. Ok what was ur last answer dude.?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending