The Student Room Group

I think I'm going to fail!

I'm literally days away from my first GCSE exam and I feel like I don't know a thing!!!
I'm the kind of person who wakes up tired, a "glass half-full" type girl who has a negative outlook on the world. I never seem to get enough sleep and I feel very depressed.... Not sure if that is the cause of my problems, but who knows?

Anyway...I'm starting my GCSEs in two days time and I honestly think I'm going to fail. As a high-achiever in Primary School, I feel like I'm being put under way too much pressure by my school, my family and even the Government.
These new GCSEs are graded on percentages, not marks, which makes me even more worried! I can't seem to keep my focus and I'm so so tired all of the time. I'm irritable, grouchy, angry and I really do feel like I can't keep going.
Some of my teachers (especially Science and Spanish) haven't even finished the curriculum! I have to teach myself several topics for my GCSEs now!

It's taking all of the will-power and self-motivation I have right now to not give up right here... I am just centimetres away from completely giving up all together.
I just want to relax, but that's never going to happen. I don't even get a proper Study Leave at my school either, only three days before my last GCSE on the 15th June.

Honestly....I can't keep going. I started my schooling as a confident and outgoing kid with big dreams to get amazing grades in all my exams and be a Vet or a Doctor or a Director... now I'm going to leave as an anxious, depressed and lonely teenager with such a bad opinion of herself that she cannot even look in the mirror without thinking "My God... what a disgrace you are..."

I just need some advice...anyone got anything to help me?
Your GCSE dont define you. These marks don't define you. You shouldnt be putted under pressure just from these exams. Just know you arent the only one who is going through this. There is many other people who is going through this.
Exam borders are only testing your memory to see if you are worthy of going to the next stage.
I say take deep breaths and do the things you can do
Keep your priorities straight. Revise for the tests that are coming up first and make sure you have applied your knowledge. Most people make the mistake of comfort revising where they tell themselves they are revising but really they’re just going over what they know. I know it may sound harsh but you just need to get yourself together. I know the new GCSEs are a bit ridiculous but there’s nothing that can be done about it now.
Make a timetable
Organise your time and priorities the stuff you don’t know or find difficult
Do practise papers

Just don’t give up and as long as you know you’ve tried your hardest you should be confident

Think of it as this time next month I should be almost finished

(Don’t know if any of it made sense but hope I helped)
At this stage I think it's best to consolidate what you already know and revise that rather than learning new topics.
Good luck regardless, I'm sure you'll do fine and GCSEs don't define you! There's so much to learn and I'm overwhelmed with work as well. If you're doing a levels then they're much more important once you have them. And try to get some rest before exams start and you'll feel better on the day of an exam.
😂you better be thankful... I'm examining IGCSE by homeschooling (though I really wish i had a teacher) and not just yet.. but I have the national curriculum to examine finals in 10 days... might fail chemistry and physics but still laughing idk why😂😂😂
Don't give in. Even though GCSEs don't been b**llocks all, it's a good lesson to see how resilient you are when you think you've failed.

Just keep striving through to the end, at least for Mr Musk :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest