The Student Room Group

What options do I have if my sixth form doesn't accept me?

So I am pretty sure I will not be able to achieve my Math grade of 5 this year and was wondering since my sixth will reject me after this is known what options do I have?
Bump
Reply 2
You don't know if you are going to get less than a 5 yet, you still have a lot of time for all the Math exams to have finished, thats still ample amount of time to get the basics covered
Original post by FS2001
You don't know if you are going to get less than a 5 yet, you still have a lot of time for all the Math exams to have finished, thats still ample amount of time to get the basics covered

Thanks for the positivity!
I'll go do some past papers do get myself familiar, who knows what could happen.

Still, I can't help but wonder what would happen if the worst came to reality
Original post by Oneiropólos
So I am pretty sure I will not be able to achieve my Math grade of 5 this year and was wondering since my sixth will reject me after this is known what options do I have?

What A-Levels are you applying for?

It depends on the sixth form. Some sixth forms explicitly want students who’ve got 5-8 GCSE passes including maths and English. Some sixth forms are fine with students retaking the GCSEs alongside their A-Levels.

Either way, if you don’t pass maths, you will have to retake it anywhere you go. Any kind of BTEC, A-Level etc. Will require you to be retaking maths GCSE alongside your studies.

But, speak to the sixth form! They likely will be fine with it provided you retake.
Original post by FloralHybrid
What A-Levels are you applying for?

It depends on the sixth form. Some sixth forms explicitly want students who’ve got 5-8 GCSE passes including maths and English. Some sixth forms are fine with students retaking the GCSEs alongside their A-Levels.

Either way, if you don’t pass maths, you will have to retake it anywhere you go. Any kind of BTEC, A-Level etc. Will require you to be retaking maths GCSE alongside your studies.

But, speak to the sixth form! They likely will be fine with it provided you retake.

They said it is very unlikely that they would let me resit alongside my A-Levels.

So yh lol. I'm sorta screwed if I don't get a 5
Original post by Oneiropólos
They said it is very unlikely that they would let me resit alongside my A-Levels.

So yh lol. I'm sorta screwed if I don't get a 5

Ahh. Well, all the more motivation to do the best you can! But it’s not the end of the world if you don’t. You can maybe take different A-Levels, or some nearby colleges may offer late entry students for September.
i like my fries with cheese
Original post by Dreamer20
i like my fries with cheese

Me too!!

Amazing, we think alike

Quick Reply

Latest