The Student Room Group

sixth form applications

hi!
i just had a few questions about the sixth form application process as I'm a bit stuck.
say i have 3 options for sixth forms, sixth form A, B and C.
sixth form A is the hardest to get into and I don't have enough points so I apply to sixth form B instead.
On GCSE results day I find out I have enough points to go to sixth form A, can I turn up to the school on the day and apply?

Also what if I tell each of the sixth forms that they are my top choice so I don't lose my offer, eg sixth form A offers me a spot so I turn down sixth form B's offer but on results day I find out I don't have enough points for Sixth form A so I end up applying to sixth form B, would they still take me?

sorry if it's a bit complicated, i'm very confused and not sure where to find this info :smile:
So normally for sixth forms you can apply to as many as you want, and will usually receive conditional offers (relying on your GCSE grades). I'm pretty sure you don't have to decide which offers to accept, and you will just wait until results day to see which ones you have gotten in to. Then you go and decline the offers you don't want first, and then accept the offer you've chosen. I'm not completely sure about the other questions you've asked, sorry, and I don't want to give you the wrong info. ! Does this help?
dont stress it too much
Original post by hi:))))))
hi!
i just had a few questions about the sixth form application process as I'm a bit stuck.
say i have 3 options for sixth forms, sixth form A, B and C.
sixth form A is the hardest to get into and I don't have enough points so I apply to sixth form B instead.
On GCSE results day I find out I have enough points to go to sixth form A, can I turn up to the school on the day and apply?

Also what if I tell each of the sixth forms that they are my top choice so I don't lose my offer, eg sixth form A offers me a spot so I turn down sixth form B's offer but on results day I find out I don't have enough points for Sixth form A so I end up applying to sixth form B, would they still take me?

sorry if it's a bit complicated, i'm very confused and not sure where to find this info :smile:

this is ovi not form u cas your prob in a good sixth from now but for other you just apply for any you want even if u cant get into it then on results day u have enough u turn up slap them u sheet and enroll p.s.sorry for spag
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest