The Student Room Group

Sixth form application - Results day

Hi,
i had a small question>> suppose i get into multiple sixth forms that i have previously applied to, and i have conditional offers...on results day, can i go to multiple schools and then get a place in the particular sixth forms and then choose which one i want to go to??? If i dont do this, what if i dont get into any sixth form???
To clarify, do you mean that if you get conditional offers can you accept multiple?
Reply 2
Original post by thewhiteowl05
To clarify, do you mean that if you get conditional offers can you accept multiple?

yes...on results day tho....so like accepting many conditional offers last minute and then taking some time to get back to the final one i accept and go to...

soorry im finding it really hard to explain what i mean
(edited 5 months ago)
Okay, so what I'm getting is that you don't know what to do if you accept multiple conditional offers and then taking time before letting the one you go to know that you are going there.
If that's wrong, let me know.

I received conditional offers for both the sixth forms I applied for and only accepted one. This is, I believe, the usual practice.
If you accept more than one offer, and then decide to withdraw your acceptance, this means that the sixth form/college will have been saving a space for you and then be left with an empty spot when you withdraw. Possibly could prevent other people from taking this spot, especially if you've accepted multiple offers.

Best advice I can give you is just accept the offer from the sixth form you want to go to.
Original post by fdfsfafafdafd
Hi,
i had a small question>> suppose i get into multiple sixth forms that i have previously applied to, and i have conditional offers...on results day, can i go to multiple schools and then get a place in the particular sixth forms and then choose which one i want to go to??? If i dont do this, what if i dont get into any sixth form???

Technically u shouldnt but u kinda can
I did this then after the first week told the schools i wouldnt be going anymore due to a number of factors
i had been planning on staying at my old sixth form wasnt that good of a school but i didnt meet the requirements which is actually ridiculous but anyway i had a couple of offers but hadnt gone to any open evenings so i had limited options one school was like a hour a way dont know what i was thinking and another was an all girls school i came from a mixed one and one was just a bad school in general underperforming but mixed i didnt like the feel of most of them my results werent bad but werent what i expected so i decided to apply on results day to one of the best schools in my area i didnt think id get in but i had no idea what to do so i applied and was put on the waitlist the next day i went to the all girls school and hated it then i got accepted but the school i was waitlisted and i got in and i go their now i then called the schools i previously enrolled out and told them i would no longer be enrolling quite a few people ik did similar things cause in the end thats the place ur spending two years of ur life might as well make sure youll enjoy it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending