The Student Room Group

C1 A level Maths - Tommorrow

I have C1 tommorow and am wondering if anyone has any cheat sheets, challenging past papers or tips. It's a resit just want to smash it to lower the marks I need to get in C3 and C4.

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Wizard...
I have C1 tommorow and am wondering if anyone has any cheat sheets, challenging past papers or tips. It's a resit just want to smash it to lower the marks I need to get in C3 and C4.

for challenging past papers, search physicsandmathstutor.com. they have a series of papers called c1 bronze/silver/gold and c2 bronze/silver/gold, gold being the hardest questions they’ve come across. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by -andromeda-
for challenging past papers, search physicsandmathstutor.com. they have a series of papers called c1 bronze/silver/gold and c2 bronze/silver/gold, gold being the hardest questions they’ve come across. :smile:

Thanks for replying! Ive done all the golds !! any other resources??
make sure that you've done all the past paper questions and if so look at Solomon papers those are harder than the actual papers but they're good practice. Also could you possibly look at jan 2011 q9 and tell me how you would do 9i. thanks and good luck for tomorrow
Thanks for replying! Ive done all the golds !! any other resources??

ehhh... i don’t, sorry! my advice would just be take it slow, though, i’ve seen a lot of people think they know exactly what they’re doing since it is the “easiest” module, but they make a lot of mistakes and lose marks because they’re too cocky. i’m taking the AS version of the paper tomorrow, so i’ll just be trying to avoid that haha

good luck! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by OHH_MY_DAYZ:b
make sure that you've done all the past paper questions and if so look at Solomon papers those are harder than the actual papers but they're good practice. Also could you possibly look at jan 2011 q9 and tell me how you would do 9i. thanks and good luck for tomorrow

Thanks for the luck ! aha
Jan 11
a) - put coordinates A(1,4) then manipulate to get k

b) - rearrange to make the equation y= ...... the value in front of the x is the gradient

C) Gradient will be negative recipricle of the gradient L1 then do
y-y1=m(x-x1) to find L2 equation

d) If you got equation for L2 then put y=0 and maniplate for x value

e) I would draw some axis then plot the points on the axis. Then create a triangle and use pythagorus, AB will be the hypotenuse.
Reply 6
ehhh... i don’t, sorry! my advice would just be take it slow, though, i’ve seen a lot of people think they know exactly what they’re doing since it is the “easiest” module, but they make a lot of mistakes and lose marks because they’re too cocky. i’m taking the AS version of the paper tomorrow, so i’ll just be trying to avoid that haha

good luck! :smile:

Very true I did that last year ! Im just going to be very careful because its hard tospot errors in a calculation you think is easy!
Highly recommend the Solomon Past Papers for Edexcel/OCR.

if you want though, IYGB Papers are the most challenging papers yet. But, Edexcel wouldn’t give them - unless they’re that that thick in the head 😂. But yeah! IYGB are like another level to Solomon and Edexcel (imo) but i would stick to Solomon Papers. As Solomon Papers are already a level above the actual edexcel papers.

Legend says, IYGB stands for “If You Got Balls” papers. Good Luck!!!
Reply 8

Do the IYGB papers on physics and maths tutor

Can somebody send the link to these gold questions on here please?? I'm on OCR maths and I'm also hoping to smash it this time round :'))
Reply 10

Try the IAL C12 papers and just try C1 questions. They are harder papers plus they’re official papers which is important.
Original post by JayX0
Highly recommend the Solomon Past Papers for Edexcel/OCR.

if you want though, IYGB Papers are the most challenging papers yet. But, Edexcel wouldn’t give them - unless they’re that that thick in the head 😂. But yeah! IYGB are like another level to Solomon and Edexcel (imo) but i would stick to Solomon Papers. As Solomon Papers are already a level above the actual edexcel papers.

Legend says, IYGB stands for “If You Got Balls” papers. Good Luck!!!

Is igyb the same as madasmaths
Thanks for the luck ! aha
Jan 11
a) - put coordinates A(1,4) then manipulate to get k

b) - rearrange to make the equation y= ...... the value in front of the x is the gradient

C) Gradient will be negative recipricle of the gradient L1 then do
y-y1=m(x-x1) to find L2 equation

d) If you got equation for L2 then put y=0 and maniplate for x value

e) I would draw some axis then plot the points on the axis. Then create a triangle and use pythagorus, AB will be the hypotenuse.

Thankyou
Original post by aliciachxn8
Can somebody send the link to these gold questions on here please?? I'm on OCR maths and I'm also hoping to smash it this time round :'))

unfortunately OCR don’t have bronze/silver/gold papers, but here’s the regular c1 papers if you want! http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/c1-ocr/

(posting edexcel bsg as well just in case you want them :wink: http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/c1-edexcel-bronze-silver-gold/)

Quick Reply

Latest