The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology 2022

Poll

AQA AS Biology 2022

Thoughts on the exam today?

Scroll to see replies

hmm, I had say it was quite alright. I didn't expect that they won't include plant mass transport since it was on the advanced info. The maths part was alright. I'm not sure if I got the number of cells per mm^3 right. (i got 0.86 then estimated it to 1 cell)

Original post by Jrrrrrr9
how close was it to the advanced spec? im doing A level n was just wondering
Original post by y16koja_f
hmm, I had say it was quite alright. I didn't expect that they won't include plant mass transport since it was on the advanced info. The maths part was alright. I'm not sure if I got the number of cells per mm^3 right. (i got 0.86 then estimated it to 1 cell)

I do A level but they must have asked you guys animal mass transport instead... they dont have to ask everything in the topic but it would be weird if it was a major topic but only half of it assessed
did you do paper 1 as level aqa yesterday?

Original post by 32jeerkah
I do A level but they must have asked you guys animal mass transport instead... they dont have to ask everything in the topic but it would be weird if it was a major topic but only half of it assessed
did you do paper 1 as level aqa yesterday?

no i do A levels. my exams are in june. Btw would you say the advanced info is useful or bad for aqa. i feel like the advanced info between exam boards is not equal
(edited 1 year ago)
no i do A levels. my exams are in june. Btw would you say the advanced info is useful or bad for aqa. i feel like the advanced info between exam boards is not equal

since I did AQA, i had say don't rely 100% on adv info ...try to also revise some bits that are linked to advanced info ..if transport across the membrane is included then you have to revise lipids, proteins, carbohydrates ,enzymes a bit ......its like every topic is linked to other topics indirectly..where questions are likely to take place. If you practice exam technique constantly and you're familiar with the structure of the questions that's another bonus..so no worries I think you're gonna do fine .
since I did AQA, i had say don't rely 100% on adv info ...try to also revise some bits that are linked to advanced info ..if transport across the membrane is included then you have to revise lipids, proteins, carbohydrates ,enzymes a bit ......its like every topic is linked to other topics indirectly..where questions are likely to take place. If you practice exam technique constantly and you're familiar with the structure of the questions that's another bonus..so no worries I think you're gonna do fine .

Thanks for the response ... tried this with others in another thread for paper 1 and they were complete pricks, claiming im not revising and stuff and my question is cheating. Thanks for responding
Thanks for the response ... tried this with others in another thread for paper 1 and they were complete pricks, claiming im not revising and stuff and my question is cheating. Thanks for responding

oh, no problem!! glad my response helped, and no your question isn't cheating cause you're just checking how well AQA follows the advance info . Good luck with your A levels!
oh, no problem!! glad my response helped, and no your question isn't cheating cause you're just checking how well AQA follows the advance info . Good luck with your A levels!

good luck with ur exams 2
can you give an estimate on how many questions were asked outside the topic list as low tariff points ?
Original post by normilano
can you give an estimate on how many questions were asked outside the topic list as low tariff points ?

I think it was about 3 questions that were outside the topic list. One was a four marker, the others I can not remember because they were synoptic with what was not on the topic list.

no they're wrong, ur just using ur brain.

Nvm
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Gogetterfl
Wonder if you would be good with telling me what topics came up? For both papers if possible.

Yeah sure, the second paper followed the advanced info pretty accurately, the two 5 markers at the end was about the insects and the other was about how humans breathe in and out. For paper 1, the osmosis practical didn't come up, they replaced it with the bacteria one. Maths questions on paper 1 were quite hard, paper 2 was easy.

How comes u wanna know now tho surely u took the exam as well 😂?
Reply 15
Yeah sure, the second paper followed the advanced info pretty accurately, the two 5 markers at the end was about the insects and the other was about how humans breathe in and out. For paper 1, the osmosis practical didn't come up, they replaced it with the bacteria one. Maths questions on paper 1 were quite hard, paper 2 was easy.

How comes u wanna know now tho surely u took the exam as well 😂?

what did you guys get for the guppy fish question?
Original post by rida13
what did you guys get for the guppy fish question?

Nvm.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 17
was it asking for the exchange or am I getting it mixed with the long marker ????
Original post by rida13
was it asking for the exchange or am I getting it mixed with the long marker ????

Nvm
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 19
nope aqa
do you do ocr???
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending