The Student Room Group

Sqa exams

I feel like I failed even though I worked my socks off in my exams and I did answer everything but I don’t feel confident that I answered them right and I need at least 2 B for university
Original post by s.salihxo
I feel like I failed even though I worked my socks off in my exams and I did answer everything but I don’t feel confident that I answered them right and I need at least 2 B for university

The exam is done now and there is nothing you can do other than wait. As long as you know you gave the exam your all then you should have no regrets :smile:

You did the best that you could - and that's enough. What's done is done. try and turn the page on it and be a bit kinder to yourself. It sounds like you have really high expectations of yourself - which is good, but you shouldn't be beating yourself up.

Wait and see what happens next. But remember, an exam result is not a reflection of your self worth. Exams can always be re-taken. They seem really important to you right now, at this stage of your life, but believe me, in the long run, they will not seem so critical.

try and take some time off. It sounds like you have been working really hard. Do something you really enjoy, and just try and stop worrying for now.

As others have said, what's done is done now. You can't change anything about the exams you've sat, and you can't know for definite how you've done either. If come results day you've not done as well as you hoped, there are always other routes and other options, all of which are equally as valid. If you still have any more exams to sit, focus on them for just now and concentrate on just doing your best on the day. If not, take some time out to relax- do things you enjoy, do everything that you missed out on while you were studying. Make yourself a list of things you want to do this summer and distract yourself by starting ticking them off :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Labrador99
As others have said, what's done is done now. You can't change anything about the exams you've sat, and you can't know for definite how you've done either. If come results day you've not done as well as you hoped, there are always other routes and other options, all of which are equally as valid. If you still have any more exams to sit, focus on them for just now and concentrate on just doing your best on the day. If not, take some time out to relax- do things you enjoy, do everything that you missed out on while you were studying. Make yourself a list of things you want to do this summer and distract yourself by starting ticking them off :smile:

It’s my mum pressuring me to go to university. She doesn’t believe in college or going other routes... like if I don’t get to uni it’s the end of the world. She always puts me down everyday calls me a failure when I feel like taking a day off studying or tells be other people are studying24/7. If I fail all she gonna do is scream and tell me I didn’t try when I spend days and nights at the library and amount of coffee I put in my body for a 17 year old is incredibly. I would sometimes go without sleep just to studying and she screams at me for not trying.
It’s my mum pressuring me to go to university. She doesn’t believe in college or going other routes... like if I don’t get to uni it’s the end of the world. She always puts me down everyday calls me a failure when I feel like taking a day off studying or tells be other people are studying24/7. If I fail all she gonna do is scream and tell me I didn’t try when I spend days and nights at the library and amount of coffee I put in my body for a 17 year old is incredibly. I would sometimes go without sleep just to studying and she screams at me for not trying.

Ah, I see...I know it must be really difficult right now to see this with the pressure from her, but even is she doesn't believe in other routes, they do exist. Other routes are not and should not be seen as less than university- they are just different. The reality is that it is your life and it must be difficult to get that across to her, but you must try and do what is ultimately best for you. Be assured nobody is studying 24/7 and anyone who says they are doing ridiculous numbers of hours is either lying, is in a small minority that has an extremely high tolerance to working long hours (something you can't control), or is going to end out doing more harm than good to themselves in the long run. You are definitely not a failure. You might have failed in some things in life (everybody does), but that does not make you a failure as a person, no matter what anyone might tell you. It must be a difficult situation you are in and I can't say it's something I can totally relate to (though I know you are far from the only one experiencing this sort of pressure from parents). It's so important you do your best to make sure you are sleeping enough, and all that caffeine can't be good for you, though I appreciate that this is as a response to the actual problem, which is much more complex and more difficult to fix. I can tell you genuinely are trying, but I would be concerned that in trying to meet your mum's expectations, you are potentially doing yourself more harm than good. You're not in the wrong about this, and she probably wants what's best for you- she just sounds very misinformed about how this could be achieved and that university is not the be all and end all.
Is there anyone at your school who you have spoke to about this who could help?
Reply 6
Original post by Labrador99
Ah, I see...I know it must be really difficult right now to see this with the pressure from her, but even is she doesn't believe in other routes, they do exist. Other routes are not and should not be seen as less than university- they are just different. The reality is that it is your life and it must be difficult to get that across to her, but you must try and do what is ultimately best for you. Be assured nobody is studying 24/7 and anyone who says they are doing ridiculous numbers of hours is either lying, is in a small minority that has an extremely high tolerance to working long hours (something you can't control), or is going to end out doing more harm than good to themselves in the long run. You are definitely not a failure. You might have failed in some things in life (everybody does), but that does not make you a failure as a person, no matter what anyone might tell you. It must be a difficult situation you are in and I can't say it's something I can totally relate to (though I know you are far from the only one experiencing this sort of pressure from parents). It's so important you do your best to make sure you are sleeping enough, and all that caffeine can't be good for you, though I appreciate that this is as a response to the actual problem, which is much more complex and more difficult to fix. I can tell you genuinely are trying, but I would be concerned that in trying to meet your mum's expectations, you are potentially doing yourself more harm than good. You're not in the wrong about this, and she probably wants what's best for you- she just sounds very misinformed about how this could be achieved and that university is not the be all and end all.
Is there anyone at your school who you have spoke to about this who could help?

No I haven’t spoke to anyone and honestly I just want to be left alone. I don’t talk to my mum right now and I’m sure she doesn’t care how I feel as king as I pass but I don’t want to go to uni and in fact I feel like dropping out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending