Need help from veterinary student Watch

albertoking_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
What subjects do I need to take in highschool in order to feel comfortable and not have a culture shock when taking veterinary courses ?
ewecrazy?
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Well for a start, all UK university Vet Courses require Chemistry A-Level and pretty much all of them require Biology too (I would definitely take biology as you will be at a huge disadvantage without it). As for the 3rd subject, most don't mind (bar Cambridge and possibly the Scottish Unis I believe) so the most common advice I've heard is to do something you enjoy and are good at. You need to be getting AAB at the absolute minimum so if, for your third choice, you pick maths because you think it'll look great on your application, but, in reality you're not that great at it and really don't enjoy it and go and get a C in it, then you would have actually been better off taking a subject completely unrelated but that you were better at to ensure you meet the entry requirements.

So yeah, Chemistry and Biology are your two biggies but for most unis, your third option has very little impact on your offer status so just choose soemthing you love.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (18)
31.03%
No (40)
68.97%

Watched Threads