The Student Room Group

Need help from veterinary student

What subjects do I need to take in highschool in order to feel comfortable and not have a culture shock when taking veterinary courses ?
Well for a start, all UK university Vet Courses require Chemistry A-Level and pretty much all of them require Biology too (I would definitely take biology as you will be at a huge disadvantage without it). As for the 3rd subject, most don't mind (bar Cambridge and possibly the Scottish Unis I believe) so the most common advice I've heard is to do something you enjoy and are good at. You need to be getting AAB at the absolute minimum so if, for your third choice, you pick maths because you think it'll look great on your application, but, in reality you're not that great at it and really don't enjoy it and go and get a C in it, then you would have actually been better off taking a subject completely unrelated but that you were better at to ensure you meet the entry requirements.

So yeah, Chemistry and Biology are your two biggies but for most unis, your third option has very little impact on your offer status so just choose soemthing you love.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending