The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse maths B paper 1 24 may 2018 MB0/01

How was the paper? I found it difficult.. Can we make up an unofficial mark scheme!
Original post by hanzala_150
How was the paper? I found it difficult.. Can we make up an unofficial mark scheme!

Maths B u talking about ? YES it was difficult . I had so much hope on maths but not even sure whether I can do well :frown:
I gave the paper 1R...it was difficult for me too..i was expecting better
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
I found the last question the hardest :frown:
Original post by Raka_
I found the last question the hardest :frown:

I could solve it I think I got 1.08 m . You have to use pythogorus theorem . I thought the graph was difficult mine didn't even meet . And find c&d . I just managed to finish the paper on time and left the ones I really couldn't figure out . Really disappointed . I'I scared I can't get the A
Original post by alifasayed
I gave the paper 1R...it was difficult for me too..i was expecting better

Same here . I find the graph difficult and finding c&d . Was your first answer 6.45 am
Reply 6
Original post by Ft.ashlynnx
I could solve it I think I got 1.08 m . You have to use pythogorus theorem . I thought the graph was difficult mine didn't even meet . And find c&d . I just managed to finish the paper on time and left the ones I really couldn't figure out . Really disappointed . I'I scared I can't get the A

Hmm, the last question was a probability question for me. I got P1, did you get P1R?
Original post by Raka_
Hmm, the last question was a probability question for me. I got P1, did you get P1R?

Whoops , Yes it's paper 1R 😅
Same here . I find the graph difficult and finding c&d . Was your first answer 6.45 am

Yes I got 6:45 am for ques 1. great it matches. Were you able to finish all? I wasn't. :frown:
Yes I got 6:45 am for ques 1. great it matches. Were you able to finish all? I wasn't. :frown:

Yes I managed to finish just on time but left out the ones I really couldn't figure out and it's a few questions :frown: really disappointed .. how many did u leave out maybe it isn't so many marks? I find the graph QUESTION difficult , and something with indices .
Reply 10
Who did paper 1 not 1R?
Yes I managed to finish just on time but left out the ones I really couldn't figure out and it's a few questions :frown: really disappointed .. how many did u leave out maybe it isn't so many marks? I find the graph QUESTION difficult , and something with indices .

I couldn't do the last two fully and the natural number finding they were so confusing....tho hope to do better on p2
Is the grade going to be in 9-1 or A-U?
I couldn't do the last two fully and the natural number finding they were so confusing....tho hope to do better on p2

I don't think the last two was that much were they ? Let's hope p2 will be better !
Original post by Kaun_Myat
Is the grade going to be in 9-1 or A-U?

A-U. 9-1 system starts from june 2019, most probably.
Now just have good hopes for paper 2
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Raka_
Who did paper 1 not 1R?

yeah i am talking about paper 1...
i also found last question the most difficult and did not had enough time to think over it..
what answer did you get for that nth term question including inequality?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by hanzala_150
yeah i am talking about paper 1...
i also found last question the most difficult and did not had enough time to think over it..
what answer did you get for that nth term question including inequality?

I think I got 8 or 9. Something in that range.
I was able to find two possibilites for the last question, and even wrote them down but when I got back home I realized there could've been two more possibilites 😁 I wasn't able to complete it either. I also messed up the shaded square question and made a stupid arithmetical mistake in the mean question. I'm gonna have to do really well in paper 2 or else I'll miss the A star 😕
Maths B u talking about ? YES it was difficult . I had so much hope on maths but not even sure whether I can do well :frown:

same :frown:
Original post by Raka_
I think I got 8 or 9. Something in that range.
I was able to find two possibilites for the last question, and even wrote them down but when I got back home I realized there could've been two more possibilites 😁 I wasn't able to complete it either. I also messed up the shaded square question and made a stupid arithmetical mistake in the mean question. I'm gonna have to do really well in paper 2 or else I'll miss the A star 😕
same mateee x
I'm on the close verge of missing an A* if I mess up paper 2 !

Quick Reply

Latest