The Student Room Group

Wimbledon College of Arts Accommodation.

Hi there,

I am starting at Wimbledon College of Arts from September 2018 (Theatre Design) and am looking for a house/flat share near the college. I was unsure about the halls I was given by the uni as it is a very long commute to the college! I am looking for somewhere close to the uni, preferably sharing with other students. If anyone has a room available, please do contact me!
Many thanks.
Hi Lauren,

I am one of the Student Ambassadors at Wimbledon College of Art and having just graduated, ended up spending all 3 years at the Furzedown accommodation because it was so surprisingly convenient. If you are still set on finding a house share I would recommend joining the Wimbledon freshers page on Facebook and seeing if anyone is in the same boat and also looking, I'll link it below for you:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wimbledoncollegeofartsfreshers18/

However if you are still undecided, I wouldn't rule Furzedown out just yet, one of the main reasons I chose to stay there was due to it being cheaper than staying in a house local to Wimbledon plus bills etc and although the travel might put you off, there are so many different ways to travel to uni from the halls:
1) You can walk to Tooting overground station which is roughly a 15 minute walk, then get the train which takes 5-10 minutes then walk from Wimbledon Chase to uni which takes 5 minutes.
2) You can get the free mini bus to Tooting Broadway underground station, get on the northern line to South Wimbledon which takes 5 mins and then walk from there which takes 15-20mins (or hop on a bus if you are feeling particularly lazy/ late!)
3) Get the 57 bus from the bottom of the hill at halls which takes you all the way to Wimbledon High street (takes around 20-40 minutes depending on traffic and the time of day) and then its a 10 minute walk to uni from there. This was my personal choice just because it was SO cheap, only £3 a day on travel there and back!

Hope this has been useful and if you have any other questions about accommodation or the course just reply to the thread below or find me on Instagram where I am answering prospective students private messages through Direct message @tarausherdesign

Tara
UAL Student Ambassador
Reply 2
Hi Lauren,

We are third year students studying at Wimbledon College of Arts and have a room available in our flat from September 2018. It is a 10min walk from the uni and 5mins away from Wimbledon Chase station. Please don't hesitate to get in contact if you are still interested! You can email me on [email protected], hope to hear from you!

Emma
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending