The Student Room Group

I don’t know what to do for a career

I’m doing a level English, History and business. I wanted to do a law degree however as I been researching it there is too much competition so i thought scratch that but now I have no idea what to do at uni. Can someone please suggest some career relating to the a levels I am doing. Thanks
Some unis you can do a join honour which will give you more options, you maybe able to do law and business depending on the uni which expands your job ranges. What do you enjoy, could be a journalist or marketing.
Original post by Matrix4
I’m doing a level English, History and business. I wanted to do a law degree however as I been researching it there is too much competition so i thought scratch that but now I have no idea what to do at uni. Can someone please suggest some career relating to the a levels I am doing. Thanks

Law is a fine degree if you are going to a top university. What grades are you expecting?

Many careers will not require specific A levels so the choice is very open. What degree you want to do is the next thing to focus on.
Original post by Matrix4

Just coz theres too much competition, you shouldn't give up. I mean for most jobs to survive in this country ofc its in demand, from law to medicine to dentistry to computer engineering - you shouldn't just "scratch" away your dreams like that
Same here. Worked in a solicitors office for a week; boring as hell. I still don't know what career I want but I know what degree I want.

I'm doing economics instead of law now but law is still is a respectable degree, it's good for a wide range of jobs so don't feel pressured to find the degree that's best suited to a career choice.
Neither.
The plan is to get into dentistry so that I always have a back-up source of money for if it all goes to ****.
Money gained from dentistry will move towards business or a more passive income via stocks, bonds, dividends, etc.

I have the passion to become successful. I don't have the passion to look after animals, to be a fireman (although it would be pretty cool aha), or a formula one driver. Its so vague but it's the only thing that drives me on.

Success in my case is happiness and money to have a better quality of life then I do now and to begin a legacy that may or may not be passed on to my children depending on their work ethic or attitude.

Quick Reply

Latest