The Student Room Group

Issues

Hi. Basically I have just finished at university and am trying to find jobs. But I have a huge issue.
Reply 1
Original post by effectivedragon
Hi. Basically I have just finished at university and am trying to find jobs. But I have a huge issue.

It is basically for everyone. Don't worry; we are all in the same boat. Are you applying to grad schemes?
Hi there :hello: I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling to find a job after finishing University, but it's important to know that you are not alone in your job search and that many graduates are in your position. Have you considered reaching out to the Careers and Employability team at your University? At Wrexham University, we offer Careers and Employability support to all of our graduates, and so this may be something that your University offers too? It's important for you to firstly think about the type of career you want, and whether you have the skills that are required to enter that field. If you feel that you are lacking in knowledge/skills in your chosen area or your CV is relatively empty, you could consider doing some of the free online short courses on Google, which cover a range of different topics, or volunteering at a company for a while. You might also be interested in applying to graduate schemes, there are both niche and broad graduate schemes that you could get involved with, and they might even keep you on after the graduate scheme is complete! Try not to be discouraged, there are many opportunities out there, and you will soon find a job that is right for you!

Best wishes with your job search.

Lauren
WrexhamUniReps
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7435793 FYI for this thread I accidentally clicked post too early... the linked thread is what I intended to post...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending