The Student Room Group

Building chances for jobs in the future at a young age

Hi I am a student going into Y10 and I am interested in pursuing degrees like economics/Acturial science(I am also thinking about computer science but I don’t have enough insight on it to make a set choice-If I could get some info would be much appreciated😃😃). I also hope that in the future I study these degrees at a top uni (LSE being a dream of mine)—-Investment banking as a career also being a dream.

With all of these degrees I have found that it is extremely hard to land a top job after graduating. I just wanted to ask what can I do at a young age right now to help myself in the future when applying for jobs and thing that’s can put me ahead of others in the near future(Please if possible can responses be kind of specific as I already know to do extra curriculars but I don’t know which ones)

I know it may be too early for me too think about these things but for me the future is just something I want to have locked down and in a good place. Plus I love Mathematics.

Also I am currently in a mathematics programme for secondary school children run by a very qualified mathematician called Junaid Mubeen it is only offered to a certain number of children 100 in the whole UK. Will this ever help me for like Unis or jobs.

Thanks for your time just really need to get this off my chest.
Reply 1
Original post by js234
Hi I am a student going into Y10 and I am interested in pursuing degrees like economics/Acturial science(I am also thinking about computer science but I don’t have enough insight on it to make a set choice-If I could get some info would be much appreciated😃😃). I also hope that in the future I study these degrees at a top uni (LSE being a dream of mine)—-Investment banking as a career also being a dream.

With all of these degrees I have found that it is extremely hard to land a top job after graduating. I just wanted to ask what can I do at a young age right now to help myself in the future when applying for jobs and thing that’s can put me ahead of others in the near future(Please if possible can responses be kind of specific as I already know to do extra curriculars but I don’t know which ones)

I know it may be too early for me too think about these things but for me the future is just something I want to have locked down and in a good place. Plus I love Mathematics.

Also I am currently in a mathematics programme for secondary school children run by a very qualified mathematician called Junaid Mubeen it is only offered to a certain number of children 100 in the whole UK. Will this ever help me for like Unis or jobs.

Thanks for your time just really need to get this off my chest.

So you're not going into Year 12?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7383504#post98701429

And you don't want to go into dentistry?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7347163#post98384059

Do you dream of getting to work before 7am and leaving after 9pm day in, day out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending