The Student Room Group
englishstudent
Has anyone noticed it's been a bit dodgy today?

I tried to send mail and it said "unable to perform..." but the email is in my sent items.

Do you reckon it sent or not?

Adam

hey, it's working fine for me.

Could be playing up for some people though, it's still in testing remember..
Reply 2
Tonight it kept saying I had one new email even though I'd read 'em all! It stopped, thankfully, as I was worried I was missing out :redface:

If anyone wants an invite by the way, still have three to go...
Reply 3
I haven't encountered any problems. :confused:
Reply 4
So you reckon if something is in my sent items it has actually been sent. (Even though it said it didn't send) :confused:
Reply 5
With your account are you still able to give out invites?

I can't find the option on my account for giving invites...
Reply 6
Gmail is still a little flakey. I have found the service is sometimes unavailable or even more worryingly doesnt accept the password when i go to sign in. Google do stress its a BETA though, so i suspect there will be the odd bug or error as they add/modify/fiddle with the features
Reply 7
technik
Gmail is still a little flakey. I have found the service is sometimes unavailable or even more worryingly doesnt accept the password when i go to sign in. Google do stress its a BETA though, so i suspect there will be the odd bug or error as they add/modify/fiddle with the features

What does BETA mean?
Reply 8
Bilal786
With your account are you still able to give out invites?

I can't find the option on my account for giving invites...

That probably means you don't have any. It appears above your inbox telling you how many invites you have.
Reply 9
englishstudent
What does BETA mean?

Its like a test release, and it may have some problems
Reply 10
F. Poste
That probably means you don't have any. It appears above your inbox telling you how many invites you have.

How are you able to get them then?
technik
Its like a test release, and it may have some problems

ok. But anything in my sent items has been sent right?
Reply 12
Bilal786
How are you able to get them then?

You just wait til they give you them. I don't know what makes you eligible, the alert just appears :smile:
Reply 13
englishstudent
ok. But anything in my sent items has been sent right?

Should have been...yes.
Look closely next time you send a message. A confirmation should appear in a little yellow bar above the messages in your inbox (it usually returns you to your inbox after you send a message, so keep an eye out)
technik
Should have been...yes.
Look closely next time you send a message. A confirmation should appear in a little yellow bar above the messages in your inbox (it usually returns you to your inbox after you send a message, so keep an eye out)

Thanks!
Reply 15
englishstudent
Thanks!

no problem...

by the way see http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/

good tool

Latest

Trending

Trending