The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

UoS Office vs Google

Hey,

so Sheffield is my firm choice uni and I was wondering if the uni uses Office or Google more prominently: I know they use Google Drive but do they provide students with an email and if so, is that email an outlook or gmail account?

I don’t know why this information is so important to me 😭
Original post by dio.br.and.on
Hey,

so Sheffield is my firm choice uni and I was wondering if the uni uses Office or Google more prominently: I know they use Google Drive but do they provide students with an email and if so, is that email an outlook or gmail account?

I don’t know why this information is so important to me 😭

Hi @dio.br.and.on

The email account you will be provided with is google mail. I terms of storage would say google drive is used most heavily as this is what is linked on your university account so lecturers etc. will use that as everyone has clear access to it through the university. In terms of writing it really doesn't matter. I personally use word and submit all my essays on that as its simply my personal preference.

Hope that helps!
Georgia :smile:
4th year MA psychology and education.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hi @dio.br.and.on

The email account you will be provided with is google mail. I terms of storage would say google drive is used most heavily as this is what is linked on your university account so lecturers etc. will use that as everyone has clear access to it through the university. In terms of writing it really doesn't matter. I personally use word and submit all my essays on that as its simply my personal preference.

Hope that helps!
Georgia :smile:
4th year MA psychology and education.

Okay, thank you so much for replying 🙂.
Personally, I cannot go back to using word: the way images move on the page bothers me too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending