The Student Room Group

AQA GEOGRAPHY ANSWERS & DISCUSSION paper 2 5th june

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by bob smith122333
it was about why gni is not a good indicator. its coz its an avg

GNI isnt a good indicator since afew mega rich ppl will raise the gni drastically so it seems to be that the people are all better off when in reality they are much poorer but just overshadowed by the few super rich if that makes sense
Reply 181
any ides of grade bundaries????????//
Original post by DarkDynamite
I wrote about Bristol and how people moving to the city will benefit businesses as they gain more income. then i just mentioned one of the opportunities in Bristol and said that it would attract people to move to the city and increase income for businesses... Does that sound about right??

For that one, I mentioned Filwood and Stoke Bishop, an area of urban deprivation and affluent suburbs. I talked about the GCSE grades from 36% to 94%, and how it will migrate people to the more educated areas. :smile:
Original post by steady1911123
yeah my school studied manchester, I said about brownfield sites and greenfield sites, thus higher urban sprawl, causing more pollution and loss of habitats causing a decrease in biodiversity; I also said about the gentrification of the city centre making Hulme seem visually pollutive in contrast

YAY! I said that too. :smile:
Reply 184
Original post by MydaMina
For that one, I mentioned Filwood and Stoke Bishop, an area of urban deprivation and affluent suburbs. I talked about the GCSE grades from 36% to 94%, and how it will migrate people to the more educated areas. :smile:

for which question are you talking about
Original post by malkimoo
for which question are you talking about

National migration or the equality in education 1 of them, IDK
Reply 186
oh does that mean i needed to use an example in the equality qeustion or could i have still got full marks without it
National migration or the equality in education 1 of them, IDK
oh does that mean i needed to use an example in the equality qeustion or could i have still got full marks without it

You probably got some marks either way. However it'll impress the examiner with the reference of precise cities and statistical references to back up the point. :-)
Reply 188
You probably got some marks either way. However it'll impress the examiner with the reference of precise cities and statistical references to back up the point. :-)

oh im such an idiot for forgetting to include my examples... i basically wrote that less investment in an area leads to less good jobs so less income so less paid in tax so less money the authorities have to invest in education.. could that still get full marks
Reply 189

how did you find the paper and what grade/mark do you think you got
oh im such an idiot for forgetting to include my examples... i basically wrote that less investment in an area leads to less good jobs so less income so less paid in tax so less money the authorities have to invest in education.. could that still get full marks

DW, sure you did fine. That answer looks reasonable, I'll say 2-3 marks off full. It's still good though. :smile:
any ides of grade bundaries????????//

last year 70% was an a star(8). coz its a new spec im thinking either lower or the same. it won't be higher. for a 9 im guessing at least in excess of 75% possibly 80%
Reply 192
last year 70% was an a star(8). coz its a new spec im thinking either lower or the same. it won't be higher. for a 9 im guessing at least in excess of 75% possibly 80%

so worst case scenario 9 will be 80%?
Original post by Rivsi
it was abt GNI or something

wasn't that like 2 marks?
it was about why gni is not a good indicator. its coz its an avg

wasn't that like 2 marks??
it was about challenges they faced and the intermediate technology/local skill used to drive the ill to the distant hospitals by bike

how many marks??
Original post by gurlll
wasn't that like 2 marks??

it was 6
so worst case scenario 9 will be 80%?

yh but it could be higher depending on paper 3 if thats easy. id say 85% is defo a 9
Reply 198
anyone taking geog for a level
anyone taking geog for a level

Yep. Love the range of things you learn in geography!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending