The Student Room Group

Getting a 7 in GCSE Maths

Hello,

I've counted up my marks from Paper 1 (43/80) and Paper 2 (42/80) and was wondering what should I be aiming for on Tuesday to secure a 7.

I'm a little nervous because I've checked last years boundaries and I'm currently just into a Grade 7 (by like 3 marks) and I'd like to know what I should be aiming for to ensure I don't drop to a Grade 6.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

I expect the boundary to be 129 or 132 out of 240, so score 50+ on paper 3.

Here, do these papers!

https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/predictedpapers.html

https://parksideschool.net/news/2018/gcse-maths-pixl-paper-3-resources
A 7 this year will go up by a bit bit not too much as I thought paper 1 was very hard but paper 2 was easy so it averages out a little bit. I think a 7 will be 140-150 so just try and get into the 50s in paper 3 and you should get it
grade boundary for a 7 will be no more than 140 but no less than 124 so according to that try and smash paper 3 50+ so uve deffo got a grade 7
Original post by seanladd12
A 7 this year will go up by a bit bit not too much as I thought paper 1 was very hard but paper 2 was easy so it averages out a little bit. I think a 7 will be 140-150 so just try and get into the 50s in paper 3 and you should get it

No way will a 7 be that high, last year it was 125. They don’t go up high like that at all. It’s going to be around 125-130
150 for a 7? I was told it wouldn't go up anymore than 7% (132)
Original post by Student303.1
No way will a 7 be that high, last year it was 125. They don’t go up high like that at all. It’s going to be around 125-130

Paper 2 was ridiculousy easy and paper 1 was hard but not as hard as last year
ensure you get atleast 50 and in paper 1 i got 55 and paper 2 65 how many marks in p3 to secure 8 or even get 9?
I meant it won't rise above 150 I'd say a 7 will be 142
I meant it won't rise above 150 I'd say a 7 will be 142

how much for 9 in each paper do u reckon
Original post by lol1223
ensure you get atleast 50 and in paper 1 i got 55 and paper 2 65 how many marks in p3 to secure 8 or even get 9?

You will probs need around 50 for 8

Personally found paper 1 easy last year, However remember the easier=harder. Easier just makes life miserable for you even more. I love hard papers personally.
Original post by lol1223
how much for 9 in each paper do u reckon

I'd say 66-68
I'd say 66-68

for a grade 6 ?

Maybe to you. Paper 1 was a lot harder than last years. Even still grace boundaries do not fluctuate that high, it’s still the new spec. It’ll not go beyond 10 marks I assure you.
CAPTURED.PNG

These are the predicted grade boundaries, however ensure you leave yourself an error interval of at least 5 marks for each boundary! :smile:
Original post by thestudent33
CAPTURED.PNG

These are the predicted grade boundaries, however ensure you leave yourself an error interval of at least 5 marks for each boundary! :smile:

so what would the error interval be for a grade 6 ?
Original post by LaChataliers
so what would the error interval be for a grade 6 ?

About 5-7 marks. I would aim for a 100 to be safe! :smile:
Original post by thestudent33
About 5-7 marks. I would aim for a 100 to be safe! :smile:

so would 105+ be a gaurenteed grade 6 ?
Original post by LaChataliers
so would 105+ be a gaurenteed grade 6 ?

Pretty much yeah :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending