The Student Room Group

Ocr mei s2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Zgogol18
There were 4 values in one row and 3 in the other
(4-1)(3-1)=6
The forth value in a table was “unknown”

I think in the question it said that the unknown cars were not used for the test, although I may be mistaken.
Original post by ixxyh
why was v 6 and not 4? Bcos (3-1)(3-1)=4? confused :s-smilie:

there were four age categories, 2001-2007, 2008-2012, 2013-2017 and unknown

(3-1) x (4-1) is 2 x 3 which is 6.
Original post by 666satinsdoll666
there were four age categories, 2001-2007, 2008-2012, 2013-2017 and unknown

(3-1) x (4-1) is 2 x 3 which is 6.

but there was't any data for it in the table so why would it be included in the hypothesis test? lol
Original post by ixxyh
but there was't any data for it in the table so why would it be included in the hypothesis test? lol

It said in the second part they got rid of that column and presenting you a table with the that column excluded
Original post by ixxyh

You had two tests
The first test used 4 categories, you had to get it from the text, not from the table
The table comes after the first part of the question so obviously you shouldn’t use it for the first part
You had two tests
The first test used 4 categories, you had to get it from the text, not from the table
The table comes after the first part of the question so obviously you shouldn’t use it for the first part

Do you think we would get any error carried forward marks for using v = 4?
Guys what did you get for the comment on the results with the new population mean and what can make the test more significant question
Original post by Ivoryivory
Do you think we would get any error carried forward marks for using v = 4?

I Am not sure sorry:’( just because getting your v wrong means that you got the wrong test statistic from the tables and I think they never credit anything after you have made a mistake in the test statistic
But let’s hope that many people got it wrong, and maybe they will allow it
Original post by Luxyaaa
Guys what did you get for the comment on the results with the new population mean and what can make the test more significant question

I was quite confused so I wrote about decreasing the variance in order for the value of z to increase :biggrin: I don't think that's specific enough though
Reply 69
Original post by Luxyaaa

To make it more likely to detect the change I said that you could increase the sample size or make it a one tailed test
Original post by Halimap
I also did 4. How do you know it was 6

I put 4 aswell I don't see why it would be 6
You just needed to define Rho as population correlation coefficient I don't actually know if it needs context its been in a few other past papers without any
Think I got similar answers to most of you - definitely accepted h0 for everything other than the second chi squared
For one question (it might have been the mean hypothesis test), the following part said something like "In fact, it is known that the mean is [something]. How could the test be changed, without changing the significance level, to make it more likely to detect this change?" Only problem is that I accepted H1 in the test anyway (i.e., detected a change) and then went back and checked through but couldn't find a mistake. Anyone else also accept H1 there or did I definitely mess up?

Edit: Wait, I just realised that my probability of the mean being less than it was was 0.0303 or something which is less than 0.05 but not less than 0.025, so I think I didn't split the significance for two-tailed. Whoops.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by minion2000
I put 4 aswell I don't see why it would be 6

People explained above why it is 6 not 4
Reply 75
Original post by zclaudius
For one question (it might have been the mean hypothesis test), the following part said something like "In fact, it is known that the mean is [something]. How could the test be changed, without changing the significance level, to make it more likely to detect this change?" Only problem is that I accepted H1 in the test anyway (i.e., detected a change) and then went back and checked through but couldn't find a mistake. Anyone else also accept H1 there or did I definitely mess up?

Edit: Wait, I just realised that my probability of the mean being less than it was was 0.0303 or something which is less than 0.05 but not less than 0.025, so I think I didn't split the significance for two-tailed. Whoops.

What did everyone else get for this sample means question??
what do you think A* will be this year out of 250
How did you define PMCC
I didn’t know how to define it, just said p(rho)- population PMCC for age and height

Might be a little late, but just saying where Rho is the population correlation coefficient for... is suffice
Original post by SnewbDogg
Might be a little late, but just saying where Rho is the population correlation coefficient for... is suffice

Thank you:smile:
Original post by ixxyh

The first question wasnt based on a table at all, it just gave u chi squared n asked if this was significant. Then it said it excluded the unknown group in the second question. This has been explained already. don't bother worrying about it, it'll only b a few marks. focus on ur next exams instead. good luck! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending