The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A Paper 3- Unified Physics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maddiec1700
I still found it a challenging paper but I would say it was much nicer than last years and the specimen papers.

Managed to get 5.3m for the length but had no idea about the part after that.
I got around 2.7eV for the <3eV which I guess is promising haha
I got current to be 0.33 for the last question by using n*e to get total charge and then I=Q/T

Hope it went well for everyone :smile:

I got these!! Thank god ahahahah
Update: my bum is in tact and that paper was okay
Original post by Uk_av1ation
Used C=πD then something something to get 5.3
Last question I got 1.7x10^-5 which is probably wrong coz I did it in one step using Q=net then I=Q/t

Hope for the best and god bless

I got this, like 1.67x10^-5?
Reply 23
Original post by Uk_av1ation
Used C=πD then something something to get 5.3
Last question I got 1.7x10^-5 which is probably wrong coz I did it in one step using Q=net then I=Q/t

Hope for the best and god bless

Thankyou 😇 and yeah for the last question I did 2000x4^(9)x elementary charge then divided it by the time they gave so idk?oh well no point in thinking about it now 😂 its over(hopefully)
Original post by Ihatescales
I got this, like 1.67x10^-5?

Cool cool, I heard some guys got 0.33 idk but a few of my mates got what you and I got too
Is there ah unofficial mark scheme anywhere
Reply 26
Original post by Fifieee
Thankyou 😇 and yeah for the last question I did 2000x4^(9)x elementary charge then divided it by the time they gave so idk?oh well no point in thinking about it now 😂 its over(hopefully)

I did this as well, feel like this is right. I mean why wouldn’t it be, provided you mean 200 not 2000
Original post by Study55
What did people get for the question about the card not passing through the light gate at 90 degrees? Were the larger v squared values more affected than the smaller ones so g too high?

If it doesn’t hit at 90 degrees then the length is increased so the speed is decreased from what it should be and plug that in to the gradient so the acceleration should be higher than 9.5
Original post by FenixZ
I did this as well, feel like this is right. I mean why wouldn’t it be, provided you mean 200 not 2000

Pretty sure it said 2000 photoelectrons😖
Not sure what questions they all match up to and I've probably made plenty of mistakes but these are the numbers stored in my calculator, for the questions that weren't 'show that'
28 (swg?)
2.2 solar masses
5.3 x 10^-5
0.0336 A
Original post by EmilyKellett
Not sure what questions they all match up to and I've probably made plenty of mistakes but these are the numbers stored in my calculator, for the questions that weren't 'show that'
28 (swg?)
2.2 solar masses
5.3 x 10^-5
0.0336 A

what was 148000 for
Original post by haarithiop
what was 148000 for

Honestly I have no idea sorry, I saved the numbers in order so something towards the start of the paper? If I could remember the questions I could maybe tell you haha
Original post by EmilyKellett
Honestly I have no idea sorry, I saved the numbers in order so something towards the start of the paper? If I could remember the questions I could maybe tell you haha

I think I got 1.5*10^5J for something, I think it was for the energy transferred to the springs from the earthquake
Haha, thought I would completely flop the paper after reading and leaving the first question till last, but I grew into the exam and looking at other people's answers, could well have gotten near 40/70, which I'd be very happy with considering I had pretty much given up on unified physics (not worth the stress). Hopefully those 40 ish marks have pushed me over the A grade boundary.

Roughly guessing I got around 70 in paper 1 and 2 and 40 in paper 3 which would be 180, 2 marks into an A judging from last year's boundaries. Paper 1 boundaries will decrease by a few, paper 2 may increase by a few, and paper 3 will stay around the same hopefully. Physics is doneeee, here's to hoping for low grade boundaries everyone!
Anyone remember what they got for the uncertainty question when calculating g?

Think I got like 0.3 but i dont really remember :s-smilie:
If anyone has a copy of this paper, can you please attach it here?
what do you think the grade boundaries will be? If they are similar to last year's paper then I aced it, otherwise I did average
Original post by Agent007
what do you think the grade boundaries will be? If they are similar to last year's paper then I aced it, otherwise I did average

I guess a few marks higer at most

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending