The Student Room Group

2018 World Cup Cameramen

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Height I've got for Casillas is 1.82m (5'11&quot:wink:: https://healthfully.com/average-goalkeeper-height-7556517.html

You don't become your national sides 1st choice keeper for near on 15 years if you've not got something about you.

182cm is still 99.875 percentile which is my point. Good luck finding enough female keepers that height. They'd be playing volleyball or wnba. On the other hand that's 81st or 82 percentile for men. So 1 in 5 will be that height

https://tall.life/height-percentile-calculator-age-country/

Maybe you could get some Scandinavian female goalies. Cbs as well need to be at least 5'9 otherwise their height gets exposed. Guys like valdes, bravo and navas who have been very successful shorter keepers are 6'0/6'1
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by bj27
3 players and compare that to the majority of goalkeepers. None of the shorter ones were actually top keepers you're lying to yourself if you think that's true. Casillas isn't really short either.

Casillas still 5'11 which is 98th or 99th percentile for women in the UK e.g.

Did you miss where I said that keepers tend to be taller on average than outfield players? But, if we want to talk quality players who are short:

Arguably the greatest of all time and well below average height
Reply 42
Point is maybe for some positions in football you could have less advantage being a trans female but in others you clearly have an advantage by virtue of previously being a man.

Since it's an early day's thing research should be done to see the extent of the advantage.

You gonna let trans females in ufc while we're at it too and not care about testosterone levels?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by bj27
Point is maybe for some positions in football you could have less advantage being a trans female but in others you clearly have an advantage by virtue of previously being a man.

Since it's an early day's thing research should be done to see the extent of the advantage.

You gonna let trans females in ufc while we're at it too and not care about testosterone levels?

Eh, other side of that is that height =/= good keeper. Zelijko Kalac was 6'8" and he was bobbins. It's really not an attribute that matters much in football.

Except as we've already established, testosterone levels are what determines whether someone can compete in women's sports, so how would I be ignoring it?
Anyway, that's enough discussion over trans people and sport. OP talked about pictures of attractive women at the world cup, so that's what this thread is now

https://twitter.com/Sport__WAGs/status/1010607481243029504?s=19

Real shame they played such negative football last night
Original post by Mess.

Trans women are women, not through choice.

???
Reply 47
Original post by Major Zero
???

According to the general agenda. Being trans is not a choice. You were legitimately born in the wrong physical form and ‘transitioning’ is just a function to allow you to express the gender you are.
Reply 48
Colombian women :dice:

Sorry just had to put this out there.

Also any of you see after the Falcao goal how they ****ed up with the cameras and got one of the finest polish girls I've seen.

:dice:

This might just be the thread for posting pictures of women.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest