The Student Room Group

A-level entry

Ok so I have a weird situation.
I am 16 and I came to UK in September. My school was rubbish enough to put me in y10 gcse though even though I already did the equivalent of y10 and 11 back in Romania but I didn't quite finish it and i really don't have it in me to do it all over again So I was wandering if i could just go straight to a-levels without doing y11
Do you have any formal qualifications from your time in Romania?
Original post by Student-95
Do you have any formal qualifications from your time in Romania?

I do have some diplomas and some recommendations from my formal teachers plus my grades record
Reply 3
Question is have u got the A*-C equivalent in your Romanian GCSES. Actual certificates and proof.
Original post by MJ4545
Question is have u got the A*-C equivalent in your Romanian GCSES. Actual certificates and proof.

Oh no . We don't really get GCSEs in Romania. The only certificate you get is the equivalent of a-levels at the end of year 12
Reply 5
Original post by denisa_kiraly
Oh no . We don't really get GCSEs in Romania. The only certificate you get is the equivalent of a-levels at the end of year 12

Then unfortunately I have to say the school are well within their rights. To do A Levels in a sixth form in this country you need GCSES or the equivalent.

You're naturally gonna be unwilling and will feel weird especially being older than everyone else at first, but you'll soon get used to it. You're gonna have to.

Also just to note, if you do wanna get into uni, GCSES/ equivalent is a requirement
Original post by MJ4545
Then unfortunately I have to say the school are well within their rights. To do A Levels in a sixth form in this country you need GCSES or the equivalent.

You're naturally gonna be unwilling and will feel weird especially being older than everyone else at first, but you'll soon get used to it. You're gonna have to.

Also just to note, if you do wanna get into uni, GCSES/ equivalent is a requirement

Oh ok . That makes a ton of sense then . Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest